Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
He is starting his third day this morning. His little legs were completely flat out to the side. He is hopping around this morning and his appetite is good. I put food into his water to make it easier to eat. Will leave wrap on for at least 24 hours. He is a tough little goose.
1f423.png
1f600.png

Took the tape off after the 24 hours. Decided to retape for one more day. He seemed to be spreading just a little but not as bad. Hope one more day makes him stronger. Do not think other eggs will do my good. When he gets a little bigger I will take him out to the pond to meet the ducks. Hope all get along ok. Named him scooter the goose.
1f601.png

Took the tape off after the 24 hours. Decided to retape for one more day. He seemed to be spreading just a little but not as bad. Hope one more day makes him stronger. Do not think other eggs will do my good. When he gets a little bigger I will take him out to the pond to meet the ducks. Hope all get along ok. Named him scooter the goose.
1f601.png
Love the name! Glad he is showing improvement. Some leave the taping on until it falls off on its own.

Last edited:
I have no idea. My children gave me this Kindle for Christmas thinking I had to keep up with technology. Boy do I have struggles with this stuff. I use it mostly for emails and ebooks. Scooter is eating a lot more today and doing real good. Next week I think I will be taking him outside to meet the other chickens and ducks, maybe even put out a shallow bowl of warm water for him to get his feet wet.. I notice you are from Texas, I hope that bad weather and flooding is not too bad in your area. It sure looks awful according to the news reports.

I have no idea. My children gave me this Kindle for Christmas thinking I had to keep up with technology. Boy do I have struggles with this stuff. I use it mostly for emails and ebooks. Scooter is eating a lot more today and doing real good. Next week I think I will be taking him outside to meet the other chickens and ducks, maybe even put out a shallow bowl of warm water for him to get his feet wet.. I notice you are from Texas, I hope that bad weather and flooding is not too bad in your area. It sure looks awful according to the news reports.
LOL, you sound like me. Some of this technology is just unreal... when I was in school we were lucky to have a typewriter, lol.

So happy for Scooter.

Thank you, this rain has been UNREAL to say the least. No flooding where we are but it's all around us. And it's pouring again as I write
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom