Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
uuuugh i got some dewlap eggs (5) that have been cooking for only four days but my impatient self just couldn't help but candle and i don't see anything except maybe the yolks are a bit rosier and there's a faint red 2cm line on one and what if they don't haaaaaaatch

I love incubating but I hate how nervous it makes me. These are my first goose eggs too.

@paintedbynature i'm sending good vibes to your hatching baby, sorry i can't help with the computer issue!

My little gosling came out. I have another coming out tonight a little bittersweet it will be my last to hatch out of the incubator this season i got seven out of 11 eggs for my first time im proud without the forum though i wouldnt if hatched any thanks for the support.

My little gosling came out. I have another coming out tonight a little bittersweet it will be my last to hatch out of the incubator this season i got seven out of 11 eggs for my first time im proud without the forum though i wouldnt if hatched any thanks for the support.
Look at the lil one.. Congrats on a great hatch. Now breathe deep and enjoy. lol

@Tenrec It takes goose eggs at least seven days before you can see anything at all when candling.

The rational part of me knows this, but the anxiety part keeps telling me they're going to die and that's just my luck!
hide.gif

Good news though, even if it's early, I DO see little match-head embryos growing in all five of them! Now I just have to stay sane for another month...

The rational part of me knows this, but the anxiety part keeps telling me they're going to die and that's just my luck!
hide.gif

Good news though, even if it's early, I DO see little match-head embryos growing in all five of them! Now I just have to stay sane for another month...
I'm incubating goose eggs too, with saddled air sacs. I started candling at day seven, and the last two days also. They're going to live!

I have some goose eggs in the hatcher, today is day 30 and 2 have externally pipped, but the other's have not. They all internally pipped between days 25 and 26, so my question would be when should I if need be start an assisted hatch for the one's that have been internally pipped since day 25 and have no external pip? I have had a problem in the past waiting too long to assist and then they passed and I REALLY do not want to go through that again, please help!!

I have some goose eggs in the hatcher, today is day 30 and 2 have externally pipped, but the other's have not. They all internally pipped between days 25 and 26, so my question would be when should I if need be start an assisted hatch for the one's that have been internally pipped since day 25 and have no external pip? I have had a problem in the past waiting too long to assist and then they passed and I REALLY do not want to go through that again, please help!!

I haven't gone through a goose egg hatch yet, but if those were my chicks, I'd at least make a hole at the top of the air cell. Sally Sunshine has a nice assist thread on here as well, though iirc she's more geared towards chickens. Are they peeping normally, or is it stopped/gotten weaker? Hopefully experience goose incubators can pitch in here.

As for my issue, to avoid a double post...Look what came in the mail today:

Yep...That's a dewlap egg...Didn't candle the air cell yet, but did candle to see the extent of the crack.

Here's hoping the crayon wax helps...I'm not very hopeful, but I'm going to try.

I have some goose eggs in the hatcher, today is day 30 and 2 have externally pipped, but the other's have not.  They all internally pipped between days 25 and 26, so my question would be when should I if need be start an assisted hatch for the one's that have been internally pipped since day 25 and have no external pip?  I have had a problem in the past waiting too long to assist and then they passed and I REALLY do not want to go through that again, please help!!

I would have made a small external pip home within 24 hours of internal. If you haven't already I would do it now.

Back
Top Bottom