Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Do you see something that looks like a shadowy triangle in the air cell?
I wouldn’t say it’s. but it looks like what I’ve read before : the air cell has dipped , and yes if I follow the air cell outline there’s is a pint it looks like a rounded triangle ? Yes shadowy . And it looks like it is trying to poke through the membrane , or breathing or heart beating but that the movement ... not sure if that is descriptive enough

I wouldn’t say it’s. but it looks like what I’ve read before : the air cell has dipped , and yes if I follow the air cell outline there’s is a pint it looks like a rounded triangle ? Yes shadowy . And it looks like it is trying to poke through the membrane , or breathing or heart beating but that the movement ... not sure if that is descriptive enough

That could be an internal pip. It looks kinda like this (this is a chick):

That could be an internal pip. It looks kinda like this (this is a chick):

Well I saw that pic earlier can say it looks much like what I’m seeing . That looks like it’s trying to break out ... the movement reminds me of a needle on a sewing machine but much slower of course ... pardon my “ ignorance “ on the subject

Well I saw that pic earlier can say it looks much like what I’m seeing . That looks like it’s trying to break out ... the movement reminds me of a needle on a sewing machine but much slower of course ... pardon my “ ignorance “ on the subject

Sounds like it's probably internally popped, so you could go ahead and do the safety hole if you wanted :)

Sounds like it's probably internally popped, so you could go ahead and do the safety hole if you wanted :)[/
So I went out for almost two hours the first egg was peeping away when I left , now nothing . Even when I talk to it which before it responded to the noise .... could it have died ? Or perhaps it’s sleeping ?
The second egg though now clearly has a shadowy triangle shape in the air cell and I see movement ... I be yet to make the extra air hole but will ... thoughts ?

Well been almost 24 hrs not a peep out of the first egg thatvwas taling up a storm yesterday morning ... I guess it died -bummer
I do wish I knew what I did wrong ... I do believe the extra air hole was made in a timeley fashion .... sigh but thank you for your help

Well been almost 24 hrs not a peep out of the first egg thatvwas taling up a storm yesterday morning ... I guess it died -bummer
I do wish I knew what I did wrong ... I do believe the extra air hole was made in a timeley fashion .... sigh but thank you for your help

Darn :( Will you open the egg to see what went wrong?

Should I ? I don’t know what to look for .... but I suppose I can ....
the 2nd egg I just candled and it has continued the progresss it is clear so see the bill and it is moving inside the shell ... no peeping no clicking but movement and of course yesterday I put the air hole in the fat end of the air cell ...
so those two eggs I relieved from main turning incubator and placed in non turning incubator w plenty of vent hole as it’s not circulating air like the main one .... I’ve trying hard to get the humidity up to 70 though it want to stay at 60 .... I have a pie plate of water in there and three wet rags ugh ... not sure what else I can do and the temp is right about 37.3 C /98-99 F
I’m I leaving anything out that can jeopardise this egg ?

Back
Top Bottom