Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Do you mean the 4 day infertile pic? Are you saying you see no red lines? If it still looks clear at 10 days, you can leave it for a few more days, but by 10 days you definitely should have some visible veining. If you meant that your 10 day egg looks like the 4 day fertile pic, then I would leave it in. Maybe you just weren't getting a good view at the time.
No, the fertile one. Where the yolk has expanded but no visible veins yet. Yes, my 10 day old incubated eggs look like the fertile 4 day incubated egg on the first page with no visible veins. I have several eggs in the incubator and a few look like they are infertile, a few more look like the fertile 4 day old egg and others are at varying degrees of development. It is a staggered hatch because I collect the eggs for a few days or until some hatch and I can fit more in the incubator.

No, the fertile one. Where the yolk has expanded but no visible veins yet.  Yes, my 10 day old incubated eggs look like the fertile 4 day incubated egg on the first page with no visible veins. I have several eggs in the incubator and a few look like they are infertile, a few more look like the fertile 4 day old egg and others are at varying degrees of development. It is a staggered hatch because I collect the eggs for a few days or until some hatch and I can fit more in the incubator.

I hate to recommend anyone throw an egg out, so I hesitate. But if you see no veins and you are sure its day 10, then it is most likely clear. But... Do you have others that are 10 days and more obviously developed? Is your candling light strong? If you need the room, I'd say pull it, but if you aren't pressed for space, I'd leave it a few more days and check again. Sorry, I'm not much help lol

LOL You are being a great help. Yes, I have other eggs that were put on at the same time and they are showing more development. I have 4 of them, I think. Like I said one of them doesn't look like it started to develop at all and I can't remember off hand what the other 2 looked like but I wasn't worried about them.

Tell me, if an egg looks like a nuclear bomb went off in it, you know ugly black mess inside but there are still veins showing, do they ever live to hatch? I have not been keeping track of the eggs that end up looking like that. Mostly, I just put them in the incubator and check on them about every 5 days or so.

LOL You are being a great help. Yes, I have other eggs that were put on at the same time and they are showing more development. I have 4 of them, I think. Like I said one of them doesn't look like it started to develop at all and I can't remember off hand what the other 2 looked like but I wasn't worried about them.

Tell me, if an egg looks like a nuclear bomb went off in it, you know ugly black mess inside but there are still veins showing, do they ever live to hatch? I have not been keeping track of the eggs that end up looking like that. Mostly, I just put them in the incubator and check on them about every 5 days or so.

Nuclear bomb, ugly black mess?? Haha, I can't say that I've ever hatched one that I would describe that way. I did have some hatch that alot of the veins had gotten really dark.

So i got given a goose egg, im on day 29 and i thought the chick had died, however i float tested quickly just now.and theres definate movement. Should i be assisting? Im incubating quail eggs and i havnt upped the humidity as the goose egg was a try and see. But now itd be lovely to hatch thos little sucker. Ive got no idea if 29 days is way too late? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Should i check for internal pip? Thankyou

So i got given a goose egg, im on day 29 and i thought the chick had died, however i float tested quickly just now.and theres definate movement. Should i be assisting? Im incubating quail eggs and i havnt upped the humidity as the goose egg was a try and see. But now itd be lovely to hatch thos little sucker. Ive got no idea if 29 days is way too late? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Should i check for internal pip? Thankyou
Before you do anything candle, it could just be behind since you have other eggs in with it. Don't get ahead water fowl take their own sweet time about hatching and can take up to 36-48 hrs from internal pip to zip Yep they like to make you bite your nails. lol

Right, i read upto 35 days pipping can take place. Okay ill candle.
Can upping the humidity harm my quails eggs ive just last week set, for example if i up the humidity to 70 until the goose is out? Or should i leave at 50? Last time ill set at different times.
I know nothing about quail so can't help ya there. humidity should be at least 70 for the goose egg though .

Back
Top Bottom