Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Quote:
I'm with Cottage Rose! Thank you Pete, for taking the time to put this all together. Best piece out there on home incubation by far. Well done.

Thank you everybody for the positive comments, I beginning to feel that it was worth the effort. It seems a pity that the moderator has not taken the opportunity to use it as a resource. However your comments are greatly appreciated
smile.png

Thank you -Pete

If it had not been for Pete this year alot of us goose newbees would not of had the great hatches we have had. A few of us asked a question..no one replied, me..I went to the Sebastopol Free Forum to get my answer, Thank You to those kind people over there. We all had to get together here and help each other out in 1 way or another, then Pete came along and helped us GREATLY. You have been a great asset to us Pete and I Thank You for that. It was as if hatching geese was a big secret club that noone wanted to share untill you came along.
big_smile.png

Hi Pete,
Fantastic work, I couldn't save it fast enough in the fear it might disappear never to be found again!!
I have my first 6 Dewlap toulouses due to hatch next week under the 'Pete incubation method'.......fingesr crossed after 36 failed eggs so far, I then have another 20 due in the next 10 days, all under your instruction, I'm feeling much more confident thanks to you..........I'll post some pics all being well
fl.gif

Thanks again Pete
clap.gif

Hi All

Thank you for all those VERY positive comments
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
Im pleased to say the report has been accepted for publication in a UK magazine
celebrate.gif
Can any of you give me the name and website of the best magazines in the USA that cover Geese so I can submit it to them too? Would really appreicate that
smile.png

Our next 3 Dewlaps are beginning to 'rock' and Im hoping they'll be soon internally pipping. These eggs have done well for weight loss and achieved 16% by Day 26. Their sudden 'draw-down' of the air cell was text book and have started shadowing at the back of the air cell. When I candle tonight I hope I'll see the shadows have moved down the side and to the front. The original 2 Dewlaps goslings from the Incubation Diary are thriving and now go outdoors for a few hours. They are a pair and the male is showing early promise of being a good bird, just hope he's like his Holderread father. As his mother is Buff he carries this sex-linked gene and should give us Buff males and females next year when he's paired to a Buff
lol.png

I've posted a few pics to give you an idea of good air cell size and shadowing of the eggs.

80310_grey-aircellcandle-25_days.jpg
80310_grey-aircell-25_days.jpg

The air cell at 25 days. There are previous pencil outlines to show days 7, 14, 21 & 24. The sudden drop down and increase in size over 36hrs is obvious.

80310_grey-aircell-postshadow-25_days.jpg
80310_eggs-finalweigh.jpg

On candling the first shadows at the back of the air cell are clear (viewed from blunt end). The eggs have lost 16% weight and their air cells are an excellent size.

Pete
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom