Goose is loosing feathers

Not usually wrong time of year for molting. Can you post some pics and also fill us in on what you feed them including treats.
They free range on 4 acres, I feed them Flock raiser in the day, they get scratch grains blended with sunflower seeds, meal worms, raisens, and freeze dried bugs. (THEY LIVE WITH CHICKENS) They have a plastic pool all day and fesh water in a bucket. I will try to get a picture today for you. She acts perfectly fine but her feathers look lumpy and out of place.
ALSO ....do geese need water at night when they are locked up? They are making the run wet (sand) and I worry
about this. I hope to keep the water outside with their food instead.

They free range on 4 acres, I feed them Flock raiser in the day, they get scratch grains blended with sunflower seeds, meal worms, raisens, and freeze dried bugs. (THEY LIVE WITH CHICKENS) They have a plastic pool all day and fesh water in a bucket. I will try to get a picture today for you. She acts perfectly fine but her feathers look lumpy and out of place.
ALSO ....do geese need water at night when they are locked up? They are making the run wet (sand) and I worry

Attachments

• 20181210_153710-1-1.jpg
    20181210_153710-1-1.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 8
I don't put water inside with mine they eat and drink all they want before bedtime then they go inside. Food if any left get picked up and evening is when I clean all feed and water containers and give fresh water outside..

Not sure what can be causing her to lose feathers this time of year unless she is having stress over something? any one picking on her is she able to eat with out problems?
Maybe add some poultry vitamins to their water or feed and also there are other things like feather fixer you could supplement along with what your already using.

Back
Top Bottom