Goose lovers – please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to round up...... figure with feed and general vet care every little bit helps
thumbsup.gif

hugs.gif
Lightning

Paulla and Jerry, this is the female I had selected out for you. I have her listed as questionable pure, as she has nice head shape, decent body development considering she is one of the younger ones and hazel eyes, but the dewlap has not started developing yet. This is not to say that a small dewlap will not develop, as I have buffs that have only within the past week shown dewlap development.

Since I had hubby taking pics just now of this girl, I also had him take an updated pic of the funky looking cross-buff. I simply do not know what to do with her at this point.

Last edited:
Paulla and Jerry, this is the female I had selected out for you. I have her listed as questionable pure, as she has nice head shape, decent body development considering she is one of the younger ones and hazel eyes, but the dewlap has not started developing yet. This is not to say that a small dewlap will not develop, as I have buffs that have only within the past week shown dewlap development.

Since I had hubby taking pics just now of this girl, I also had him take an updated pic of the funky looking cross-buff. I simply do not know what to do with her at this point.

Too bad my husband would kill me...cause I kind of like the funny looking buff girl: She has character. Maybe if I beg he'd let me get her to put in with the pet flock......

Morning all.

Those with winters have you started shopping for hay and pricing feed? These gentle giants will eat a lot during the winter (as if they don't eat a lot all of the time).
We use stalls for many of our geese. They aren't horse stalls though, just 3' high stalls for the geese. Some have their own free standing houses. Bedding them down on pelleted horse stall bedding with large flake pine bedding over it (for the juveniles and adults). It gives the dewlaps extra padding for over night.
When we are hatching the goslings get pellet bedding only. It soaks up water the best of anything. We also don't do any food and water over night for the juveniles and adults. None for the goslings starting at 1 month of age.

Celtic, any chance you can post pics of what your geese stalls look like?

Okay, I've already sent money for feed and boxes, so now I'll send $32 per bird for the testing. Maybe I"ll round it up to $35 per bird, just to be sure. I can always send more later if she needs it.
Should all adopters send the $35 now? I assume we should that way you have the money from us before you have to pay the vet but just wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom