goose mating

I'm not sure I understand your question. A goose will lay an egg whether she's mated or not. The only difference is it won't be fertile if she's not mated. All female poultry and waterfowl lay eggs. They do not need a male to lay an egg. It's a common misconception that chickens will only lay eggs if there's a rooster around, but if that were true all the eggs we eat from grocery stores would be fertile.

Perhaps I misunderstood the question, but it sounds like you have a "girl" goose, who has recently mated but you've not found any eggs yet? She could be too young to lay yet, or she could be hiding them?

thank you for the information, it is so difficult to find information on geese. we have an egg and we have had her with my gander for 3 weeks. i wanted to know the process

thank you for the information, it is so difficult to find information on geese. we have an egg and we have had her with my gander for 3 weeks. i wanted to know the process
So you should crack it open and check fertility, I have seen where the first weeks eggs should be checked before starting the incubation process. They are very tasty too so your not wasting them.

Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom