Goose Refuses to eat any Snacks

Yeet

In the Brooder
May 31, 2018
Hello! I have a goose named Keanu that is about 6/7months old that has always been a picky eater. Ive read all sorts of snack favorites of geese but the only thing he'll eat is the bird feed and my lizards collard greens (and grass ofc). Anything else he absolutely will not eat. He'll nibble it a little with the tip of his beak and then spit it out. Im not super concerned about it but im just wondering if theres anything i can do to expand his diet. Id prefer if he had a bit more variety to his eating habits but even if i try to sneak something in he'll eat around it! Has anyone ever experienced a picky goose like this? If so is there any tricks or ways to get them to eat something different?

Thank you!

He's all alone? No other geese he can socialize and talk with? I'd suggest getting him another goose friend being geese are very social birds.. I don't grain my geese at all, They thrive completely on pasture.. They'll eat a few meal worms if I offer some to them but besides that I don't feed them at all..

He's all alone? No other geese he can socialize and talk with? I'd suggest getting him another goose friend being geese are very social birds.. I don't grain my geese at all, They thrive completely on pasture.. They'll eat a few meal worms if I offer some to them but besides that I don't feed them at all..

Sorry for the late reply! He hangs with my flock of ducks and grew up with his bestfriend Wesley (a duck who thinks hes a goose) since they were born a week or two apart. The two never leave eachother and since its winter here i was just seeing if anybody had suggestions since theres no grass :) Hes a pretty happy guy just hates new foods :/

Back
Top Bottom