My pekin duck has stopped eating

Do you have any idea why he stopped eating? I know when mine go through molt it is rough on them but haven't ever had one stop eating. I am glad to hear he is eating again. That is good news!!
I’m not actually sure why he stopped eating, but from what I’ve researched. When ducks become stressed or traumatized or etc, stuff like this can happen and my duck had been Ina few fights with my dog the past days so I think it was that. And also thank you!!

Yeah ik it’s scary they’d gotten in a few fights before but it’s never been anything serious except a few feathers off. My ducks start the fight all the times but luckily we’ve trained our dog to never bight hard. But obviously his bites are still gonna hurt a little so I’m constantly supervising both the ducks and dog 🤦‍♀️
These are the malicious ducks😂
IMG_6301.jpeg

I had to train my geese to leave the dogs alone when they were all together. It’s better to keep them apart if this continues. It only would take 1 bite to just the right spot. I used a long pole ( a pool noodle would work too) and when the geese would start at the dogs I put the pole in front of the geese to stop them it took a while but they learned. Geese and ducks can be such bullies

Back
Top Bottom