Goose suddenly acting afraid of me

Im thinking the dogs. I have a LGD dog he is great around the birds but the birds hate being around him. They went through the same thing with me and the with the new smells on me and noises around them when I got him. My guess is they will get used to it and realize its still a safe enviorment. My geese can spot a halk in the air before it comes out of the clouds by the sounds and everyone hits attention but any other bird dose not get there attention.

Hmm, I was afraid of that, but he seems to like the new space more. They're on fresh grass, etc. They always are happier with the fence move. Hopefully the behavior passes with time, it's a bit discouraging! He's my favorite bird of ours
yup, they are very smart . be patient pull up a chair sit in their area. maybe with a few leaves of Romaine 🥰

At risk of sounding naieve, we have never dewormed our birds. Are we supposed to be doing that without any symptoms? My goose is back to himself now, thankfully!
I am glad she is well again!

Depending on your climate, the amount of animals/birds and the condition of the soil as well as the kind and amounts of parasites, deworming can prevent serious health issues and even death.

My 5 year old gander reacts to the tiniest changes in appearances. First time I wore a different colored hat, he hissed at me and kept a 6 foot distance for two days.
One day he suddenly acted scared of one of my friends - he usually adores her and lets her cuddle him. Turned out she was wearing a new pair of glasses. As soon as she put on her old pair, he immediately ran to her and everything was back to normal.
I'm a knitter and I love to knit brightly colored socks. And even though my geese are used to seeing me wearing those socks, they still react E-V-E-R-Y time they spot those few inches of a new pair. Loose, drapey clothes is also a trigger.

Any possible vitamin (B) deficiencies, maybe caused by worms?
If you even suspect worms are a possibility, feed them raw pumpkin seeds. They contain a natural substance that purges parasites and whatever eats them. Inexpensive and nontoxic. Plus they love them. A yummy little treatment or preventative..♡

If you even suspect worms are a possibility, feed them raw pumpkin seeds. They contain a natural substance that purges parasites and whatever eats them. Inexpensive and nontoxic. Plus they love them. A yummy little treatment or preventative..♡
My geese and ducks eat pumpkins and pumpkin seeds almost year round. The recurrent Giardia and coccidia that’s been bugging my flock on and off don’t seem to know about that one.

Back
Top Bottom