Goose?

fishinchicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
SWVA
My sister-in-law works for a vet and the other day a woman came in with a little duck? goose? that she found wandering alone down the 4 lane. So because I have ducklings already she brougt it to me. She is so cute...solid yellow with orange beak and legs, dark eyes. Any ideas what breed. I will try to post pic later.

No, but if it's solid yellow, it will probably be white when mature. So, if a duck, probably a Pekin.

I don't know enough about goose breeds to begin to speculate. My goose knowledge is still rudimentary.

Post a pic please
wink.png

If its a duck it will probably be a pekin like Denninmi said....

If a goose it could possibly be a white chinese or something around that....not really sure though
hu.gif

Last edited:
is it similar to this?

1547igz.jpg

Big indicator is check the beak. Are the nose holes on the top of the beak or the bottom? If they are closer to the top its probably a duck. closer to the bottom probably a goose

Hi,i got A gosling from a frend of my grandad .But i am not pretty shore of the breed he has now six kg,and tree months.So i got some pictures hope you can help guys:

Hi,i got A gosling from a frend of my grandad .But i am not pretty shore of the breed he has now six kg,and tree months.So i got some pictures hope you can help guys:

It looks like it could be an Embden goose, but perhaps others with more experience will add their input.

I have a nother question ,every time i go away just a meter from my gander he cries.He does not want to be alone.So i wanted to get him a companion for company,he is a Embden so i dont realy now wich breeds are compatible with them because we dont wont any babys so proably not a female Embden.And can a duck and a goose ba frends.hope you can help.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom