Goose?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by fishinchicken, May 25, 2011.

1. fishinchicken

fishinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    SWVA
    My sister-in-law works for a vet and the other day a woman came in with a little duck? goose? that she found wandering alone down the 4 lane. So because I have ducklings already she brougt it to me. She is so cute...solid yellow with orange beak and legs, dark eyes. Any ideas what breed. I will try to post pic later.

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    No, but if it's solid yellow, it will probably be white when mature. So, if a duck, probably a Pekin.

I don't know enough about goose breeds to begin to speculate. My goose knowledge is still rudimentary.

3. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    Post a pic please [​IMG] ....

If its a duck it will probably be a pekin like Denninmi said....

If a goose it could possibly be a white chinese or something around that....not really sure though [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Maybe Emden.

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    is it similar to this?

[​IMG]

Big indicator is check the beak. Are the nose holes on the top of the beak or the bottom? If they are closer to the top its probably a duck. closer to the bottom probably a goose

6. duckyhomie12

duckyhomie12 Chillin' With My Peeps

mine too

-----duckyhomie12 + superduckling12

7. Fredy66

Fredy66 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2012
    Hi,i got A gosling from a frend of my grandad .But i am not pretty shore of the breed he has now six kg,and tree months.So i got some pictures hope you can help guys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    It looks like it could be an Embden goose, but perhaps others with more experience will add their input.

9. Haunted55

Haunted55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Central Maine
    It certainly looks like my Embdens and a gander as well. Don't hold me to that but the neck looks thick just as it does on my ganders.

1 person likes this.
  10. Fredy66

Fredy66 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2012
    I have a nother question ,every time i go away just a meter from my gander he cries.He does not want to be alone.So i wanted to get him a companion for company,he is a Embden so i dont realy now wich breeds are compatible with them because we dont wont any babys so proably not a female Embden.And can a duck and a goose ba frends.hope you can help.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by