GopherBoy Farms Original Coop (addition 1/19/2009)

today we got great weather... almost 70degrees so we went to Goodwill and got a GREAT fan for $3.00. It was installed on the back wall and plugged into one of the ceiling outlets that is controlled by a pull cord. (Pull cord is fashioned with one of BeaverGirls antique glass drawer pulls)
faninfo.jpg

We have vents that open or lock on both sides of the coop so the fan will circulate nice breeze through the coop

100_0017-6.jpg

ok...I need to still paint the trimm on this vent
100_0018-6.jpg

Last edited:
When can I move in. Is there room for, 1-16 year old boy, 1 boxer, 3 (well 4 till she gets her new family) Chihuahua's and me. Lucky chickens LOL Thanks for sharing.

We are finished (I think)
Here are the final pics

This is the boy child nailing the rungs on the chicken ramp
100_0022-2.jpg

100_0023-3.jpg

Here it is installed
100_0032-2.jpg

100_0028-3.jpg

And Queeny looking out
100_0033.jpg

Nest boxes
100_0030-2.jpg

They need straw in them (but dont think the girls will be laying any eggs just yet)
100_0031-3.jpg

The chickens have a beautiful porch, really nice porch light and motion sensor flood lights
100_0024-1.jpg

I think it was well worth it.....we think it turned out GREAT!
100_0026-6.jpg

Last edited:
Well after reading this for all this time. I am envious of all the work you did as a family. I really enjoyed watching it be put together and I wish you a lot of luck with them. I think it looks like a little church.
clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

Did you make the nest boxes?

Last edited:
This has been a wonderful experience! I hope you continue to post even though your coop is done. You all seem to be a very tight, fun loving family and God will continue to bless you all. Thank you for adding humor to my life daily.

DeeDee

Back
Top Bottom