GopherBoy Farms Original Coop (addition 1/19/2009)

Wow is all I can say!! You guys have done an awesome job. My chicks wanna come over for a sleep over!
lau.gif
I probably won't be able to get them to leave.

since we got the chickens i spend more time outside in their areas then i spend in my own home! and the great thing is we all love contry music! lol

i think by next summer we will be building our second coop. Hopefully on our own land.

I sat down this afternoon and read your entire thread beginning to end. Thank you for putting as much effort into it as you did your chicken coop. I certainly enjoyed it.

Once upon a time, many moons ago, I lived in Hazel Dell. Keep posting those pictures.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Gotta love those "country boys and girls and chickens gettin down on the farm"! You all built the chicken taj mahal on rented property????? Lucky property owners!! that ground fountain and the brickwork in the ground look like quite alot of work. Hope at least that great coop would go with you when you move.
smile.png

Yes, it was built on a rental propery. And the funny part is we didnt ask the landlord if we could have chickens.
He drives past our place at least 2 time s a week, and never noticed the construction of the coop. Then all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago I was in the back talking to the chickens and he comes walking around the back of the house "Oh whats this ?" he asked. All I could do was look at him all stupid and say "WHAT?" He endedup being to aly cool about the chickens but couldnt get the idea that we built the coop. he wanted to know how we got it into the back yard around all the trees. DH asures me that if we ever move we will just lift up the coop, slide a trailer under it and move it with us.

I agree that this thread is one of the most entertaining threads on BYC! Smart thinking to make your coop portable so you can take it with you. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures with the walkway completed. PLEASE keep entertaining us!
tongue.png

GopherBoy hurt his back taking mortor(sp) out of the trunk of my car...so the fontain work might be slow for a while. I think I will go tidy up the area out there and hose chicken poop off the porch so that maybe he can direct the kid and I in building the fontain.....cant wait for that to get done.

I just had to come back and read this again! This had to be the most fun thread I ever read! And I am sorry to hear that he hurt his back! I wonder if all is done now? Shortly after I got my coop started I went back to work full time and work stalled. I am working on it this weekend and hope to get some more pis up today. I just want to thank you for this thread and all your hard work! It was so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom