Gorgeous Goats Contest 2 (ends 3-1-22) *Now Ended*

Ooh, I can't resist sharing pictures!

Name: Kosmo
Breed: Nigerian Dwarf

We got him to be one of our herd sires. We are so excited to start milking our does someday. Kosmo came home at around 3 weeks old a few days before Christmas.

We had a hard time coming up with a name. Kosmo's breeder has been breeding for a while and most of the names we came up with had already been taken by the ADGA. Our 6-year-old wanted to name him lettuce or salad, lol. We almost named him Cesar (for Cesar salad). He is still being bottle fed, though he's eating grain and hay now so we'll probably start weaning in a couple weeks.

We bring the bucklings into a pen in the garage at night--as much for us as the bucklings. It's no fun traipsing outside in the cold or the rain for the night feeding.

This photo was taken right after I took him outside in the morning---they love going out! I finally found a cable spool for them! I need a couple more.

271491728_5138715579481590_645226728228556531_n.jpg

Name: Griffin (Griff)

We were going to get a wether as a companion for Kosmo, but after talking to some people and hearing that bucks tend to get along together, we decided we might as well get two bucks and have more genetic diversity in our herd.

arPEnHyoREy_Bh08nDv5ZQ.jpg

Name: Olive

I couldn't decide which picture to add for our third. I realized I don't have all the does in one photograph...I'll have to remedy that, haha. Here's one of Olive in a rare Tennessee snowfall. She was not thrilled. She's standing by the blackberries she was supposed to help us clear.

Olive by blackberries.jpg

Ooh, I can't resist sharing pictures!

Name: Kosmo

We got him to be one of our herd sires. We are so excited to start milking our does someday. Kosmo came home at around 3 weeks old a few days before Christmas.

We had a hard time coming up with a name. Kosmo's breeder has been breeding for a while and most of the names we came up with had already been taken by the ADGA. Our 6-year-old wanted to name him lettuce or salad, lol. We almost named him Cesar (for Cesar salad). He is still being bottle fed, though he's eating grain and hay now so we'll probably start weaning in a couple weeks.

We bring the bucklings into a pen in the garage at night--as much for us as the bucklings. It's no fun traipsing outside in the cold or the rain for the night feeding.

This photo was taken right after I took him outside in the morning---they love going out! I finally found a cable spool for them! I need a couple more.

View attachment 2974352
Ooh, that’s a cool shot! He’s so cute!

Name: Griffin (Griff)

We were going to get a wether as a companion for Kosmo, but after talking to some people and hearing that bucks tend to get along together, we decided we might as well get two bucks and have more genetic diversity in our herd.

View attachment 2974376
Awww, his coloring. I love it!

Name: Olive

I couldn't decide which picture to add for our third. I realized I don't have all the does in one photograph...I'll have to remedy that, haha. Here's one of Olive in a rare Tennessee snowfall. She was not thrilled. She's standing by the blackberries she was supposed to help us clear.

View attachment 2974406
Her face! She is adorable!

Back
Top Bottom