Gorgeous show quality non aggressive Blue Birchen Maran in need of a home

I live in Seminole county, and would love to see a pic of your feathered friend. :D I have a young Cockoo Maran cockerel, but he's turning out to be quite the butthead.
I will take some pics of him soon, he's so gorgeous and such a doll with me..breaks my heart to let him go.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of setup would he be going to if you were to take him?

I will take some pics of him soon, he's so gorgeous and such a doll with me..breaks my heart to let him go.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of setup would he be going to if you were to take him?
I don't mind. We live on a 1/2 acre that sits off a nature preserve. I have a 18'x24' building that is wher the birds sleep and have access to all day. Basically sun up till sun down the birds free range. The flock he would live with consists of ducks and chickens. As far as his lady friends go, he'd have 2 Turken, 1 Ayam Cemani, 1 GL Wyandotte, and 2 Easter Eggers to... be a rooster for. ;) The GLW & EEs are still young, others are at point of laying. Currently in the incubator are a 1/ea O Skamo and Tomaru eggs set to hatch tomorrow. Starting next week will be Cochin Bantam and Cream Crested Legbars.

I also have a bantam flock consisting of Seramas, Silkies, and a Pyncheon/Serama, though he would be kept separate

If you want a little insight, you can feel free to stop by my thread. Its active and updated daily. The Quack Shack

This is the current Cuckoo Maran that I was hoping to make some Olive Eggers with, but he's got a bad attitude already, and would bully the Dorking pullet, keeping her in a corner. Which reminds me, we have a Dorking pullet too (same age as the WLW & EE). :D
20190904_202316.jpg

About me/us... I am a full time stay at home dad to two young boys. I spend a fair amount of time with the flock and am teaching my oldest (5) son how to care for them. The Pycheon/Serama is actually his, and pictured below. We have 2 American Hairless Terriers, both are trained ESA, neither which are bird aggressive. I am the flock tender of the family, and am in love with my birds. Your rooster would be cared for as a pet, and given plenty of love. Besides teaching my sons about the birds, I like to on occasion also take a chicken to the bus stop when picking up my son. The neighborhood kids love it!

A few random pics... Oh, I fully encourage adult silly'hood, which you might tell from the pictures.
20190903_102808.jpg
20190729_025010.jpg
20190828_143344.jpg
20190810_072226.jpg
20190812_155230.jpg
20190828_144154.jpg
20190828_180441.jpg
20190812_170137.jpg
20190724_095004.jpg
20190812_170139.jpg

Anywho, if you have any questions beyond that, feel free to ask. :D
Bottom line is I would cherish and love your roo while providing him the best life experience I could.

Those are some very sweet looking birds, some unusual ones too, shame about the roo he's a cutie pie! That's a great pic of your son! Is Annie a Serama?
I'm having trouble uploading pics of Sully from my phone, will try again tomorrow.
Nothing wrong with sillyhood...who wants to be mature anyway!
What kind of ducks are those?

Those are some very sweet looking birds, some unusual ones too, shame about the roo he's a cutie pie! That's a great pic of your son! Is Annie a Serama?
I'm having trouble uploading pics of Sully from my phone, will try again tomorrow.
Nothing wrong with sillyhood...who wants to be mature anyway!
What kind of ducks are those?
Thanks! :D I've found out I really like the strange birds. Who am I kidding, I like them all! I mean, who needs algebra when you've got chicken math?
I was really looking forward to the current Maran we have to be a gentleman, but he's not turning out that way. I know he's still pretty young, but he's already a bully and attempts to attack me when I'm changing their water or food.

Annie is a Pycheon & Serama cross. She lives with the Seramas and in general is full grown. She might get a bigger tail, but she's a tiny one.
20190804_201119.jpg
20190804_201116.jpg

The black and white ducks are Anconas, and the fawn & white ones are Runners. We also have some Pekin not pictured.

If it would be easier to text the pictures, I can send you my phone number in a private message.

Last edited:
Okay folks, here's an update on the BBM cockerel!

For starters, I was also gifted other chickens from @RIRhubarb and quite a beautiful assortment too. Sully is the cockerel's name and he is amazing. His disposition is fantastic. He is assertive and quickly became the king of the yard, but with absolutely no aggression. Lol, he did it with his size alone!
20190929_164956.jpg
20191024_092928.jpg
20191024_092900.jpg

Sully came with two girlfriends also! The first up is Mrs Blue, a Blue Copper Marans. She has the sweetest personality ever! She likes attention and runs up to me if she sees orde hears me. She has the softest, fluffiest chicken butt ever. :D
20191024_090119.jpg
20191024_090117.jpg

Then there is Blossom, a 55 Flowery Hen. From a distance, she just looks like a multi colored bird, which she is. Up close and especially in the sun the colors just explode. It's hard to even put in words how beautiful it is. The best I can think of is a kaleidoscope made of feathers. Besides just being beautiful, she oa allso a very sweet girl. More cautious than Mrs Blue, but still comes running everytime. If I go sit outside, she tends to stay close by. I was told she like to jump in laps, but by her choice only. I'm still waiting for that, but I don't think it's going to be much longer. :)
20191025_102958.jpg
20191024_092831.jpg

They tag teamed this ear of dried corn yesterday. It was grat just sitting the hanging out with them. Truly a great group of birds, and I am truly one happy and grateful flock father.
20191025_173552.jpg

Huge thanks to @RIRhubarb for their kindness and generosity. These are not all of the birds either. I also recieved 2 Dampierre cockerels who are also amazing!

Anywho, I just wanted to share a bit and update how they are. (they are amazing!)

Back
Top Bottom