Goshen Country Fair Poultry Show in PA, July 30, 2012

Goshencountryfair

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
west chester, PA
Hello, My name is Jen and I run the poultry show at the Goshen Country Fair in West Chester, PA. We are looking for exhibitors for this year as numbers have went down. Show info if below and if you would like a catalog mailed to you please email me at [email protected] with your name and address and I would be happy to send one out in the mail.

Thanks and hope to meet some of you at the fair!
Jen

Goshen Country Fair
1320 Park Ave
West Chester, PA
www.Goshencountryfair.org

Monday July 30, 2012
6PM
Showmanship, breed classes, 1-5th prize money.

Great time to meet new poultry friends.

Looks interesting. I was looking at the schedule on the website. It mentions poultry and rabbits on July 30th and Dairy July 31st. Does that mean poultry and rabbits stay only one day then have to be removed?

That's a very good question @dadtochickenfan - it's a shame that Jen didn't answer you, because I'd like to know as well. Of course, it doesn't matter now because the registration deadline was yesterday. However, out of curiosity, and for next year, I'd still like to know the answer.

I searched the website, and I found the section that talked about the owner being responsible for feed, etc, and the fair providing water and straw, but I wasn't able to find any information regarding exacty WHO gets to keep their animals in the barn during fair week. 

I go to the Goshen Fair every year, and I know there are animals (cows, sheep, goats) at fair every day that it's open, but I never really payed attention to the chickens or small animals before (this is my first year as a chicken owner, so now I'm interested). I think there are small animals at the fair all week long, but I'm not sure. 

From what I read, it sounds like poultry and rabbits can go home Monday (the day of their judging) after the fair is over for the night. The question that remains unanswered, though, is do they HAVE to go home Monday night, or can they stay on the fair grounds for the rest of the week as part of the poultry exhibit? 

I don't expect I'll get an answer here at this point - I guess I'll just have to ask when I go to the fair. If anyone else reading this plans on going, look for me at the Hershey's Cocoa - Chocolate Cake Contest which is usually on Thursday night :) Over the years, I've placed first 5 times, but for the last two years in a row I've placed second, so I'm really looking for that first place ribbon (and entry into the PA Farm Show) again this year :)

~Sharon

Back
Top Bottom