Gosling - bends backwards and falls

Michal2016

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 25, 2016
Poland
From the beginning, she rolls over on her back, twists her body and doesn't get up. He moves his legs almost all the time. When I hold her down, she drinks it. She gets water with vitamins B, E and selenium. What could it be? Video link gosling

No changes. I add glucose to drink.

It sounds like you are doing most of what you can do. It is hard to say what exactly is causing this, but oftentimes there will be runt out of the hatch, that didn't absorb enough nutrients before it hatched, or has a genetic defect that is creating the symptoms you're seeing.

I suggest continuing with your vitamin supplementation, as well as the glucose to help correct any nutrient or fluid deficits. If the gosling is having a hard time eating, you can try offering it mashed scrambled eggs directly to its bill. Given its state, you will also want to ensure it is getting adequate amounts of heat. What has been suggested is nearly the brink of supportive care one can use for treating these sorts of conditions in young waterfowl due to their size, and fragility.

I hope you see some improvement soon, but if you do not, euthanasia may be the kindest thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom