Wry neck?

Hi! Do you remember the amount you gave your baby? I have a 2 week old and read to give between a pinpoint amount and pea sized. I don't want to give them too much :/
Give her b complex pills cut in 1/3. You just open her beak and push it in and she will swallow it. then give her vitamin E gel pills you just pop it open and put it on her beak. Do this once a day. I tried the goat selenium with multiple different chickens over the years and it never helps them. The b complex and vitamin E are the only thing that has cured my silkie. You can give her scrambled eggs as a source of selenium. To much selenium can be really bad for them. You can get the b complex and vitamin E at Walmart or target.

Give her b complex pills cut in 1/3. You just open her beak and push it in and she will swallow it. then give her vitamin E gel pills you just pop it open and put it on her beak. Do this once a day. I tried the goat selenium with multiple different chickens over the years and it never helps them. The b complex and vitamin E are the only thing that has cured my silkie. You can give her scrambled eggs as a source of selenium. To much selenium can be really bad for them. You can get the b complex and vitamin E at Walmart or target.
Thank you! Are these okay?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_135918_Target.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_135918_Target.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240213_135845_Target.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_135845_Target.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 2
Awesome! For the gel, is it okay to give her the whole thing or less? She took it, but had diarrhea after, not sure if it's normal or if I gave her too much😅
I gave my silkie the whole pill. I'm not sure on the diarrhea. I personally would try it again tomorrow and if she has diarrhea again maybe not give her as much.

Hi! Do you remember the amount you gave your baby? I have a 2 week old and read to give between a pinpoint amount and pea sized. I don't want to give them too much :/
I weighed her and went with the dosage by weight. I gave her a pea sized 2-3 times a day (this was the goat selenium) then gave the b complex 1 x a day mixed with water and sometimes just added to her food too.

Give 400IU Vitamin E along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily.
A bit of egg is sufficient for the Selenium.

I gave my silkie the whole pill. I'm not sure on the diarrhea. I personally would try it again tomorrow and if she has diarrhea again maybe not give her as much.
Awesome! For the gel, is it okay to give her the whole thing or less? She took it, but had diarrhea after, not sure if it's normal or if I gave her too much😅
It's just the oil in the vitamin E that's causing a bit of loose poop. Make sure your chick is eating and drinking well.
For treatment of Wry Neck, 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex is the standard for all ages. A bit of egg is sufficient for Selenium which helps with the Uptake of E.

I weighed her and went with the dosage by weight. I gave her a pea sized 2-3 times a day (this was the goat selenium) then gave the b complex 1 x a day mixed with water and sometimes just added to her food too.
What are you giving as a "Pea Size"?
If it's Goat/Sheep Vitamin E and Selenium, then a Pea Size is not going to give the therapeutic amount of E. I'm glad it worked for you but it's best in this case to buy the individual Vitamins and dose directly. I know sometimes we use products labeled for other livestock when treating poultry, but in this case, the Goat/Sheep Gel is best left to use on Goats/Sheep.

I would NOT use Goat Gel!
You would have to give 4ml to get 400IU Vitamin E and that would put you at 46.4mcg of Selnium which is way too high of a dose. Max Selenium dose is 25mcg for poultry, but it can be toxic in large quantities. Vitamin B1 is also a support vitamin for neurological issues and the goat vitamin does not contain that, so you would need to buy vitamins anyway.

1707883033393.png

It's just the oil in the vitamin E that's causing a bit of loose poop. Make sure your chick is eating and drinking well.
For treatment of Wry Neck, 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex is the standard for all ages. A bit of egg is sufficient for Selenium which helps with the Uptake of E.

If it's Goat/Sheep Vitamin E and Selenium, then a Pea Size is not going to give the therapeutic amount of E. I'm glad it worked for you but it's best in this case to buy the individual Vitamins and dose directly. I know sometimes we use products labeled for other livestock when treating poultry, but in this case, the Goat/Sheep Gel is best left to use on Goats/Sheep.

You would have to give 4ml to get 400IU Vitamin E and that would put you at 46.4mcg of Selnium which is way too high of a dose. Max Selenium dose is 25mcg for poultry, but it can be toxic in large quantities. Vitamin B1 is also a support vitamin for neurological issues and the goat vitamin does not contain that, so you would need to buy vitamins anyway.

View attachment 3747423

View attachment 3747423
Thank you! She took her vitamins and she's eating and drinking well. She wouldn't eat any egg, though, but hopefully she'll show improvement tomorrow. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom