Gosling Disposition

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
Just hatched out 4 gosling eggs on Saturday. They are American Blue and Lavender. I have never seen anything so sweet.They are a lot more cuddly and affectionate than any of the ducks or chickens I have hatched. My students have been handling them a lot and they cry when left in the brooder. They are pretty spoiled. Will they stay this sweet? I didn't realize geese were like that. They stand on their water dish and just beg for you to pick them up. I am so impressed with them.

This is exactly what I thought when I got my roman tufted gosling a few weeks ago. She's an only gosling, because her friend died on the way to me, and she's the sweetest thing. She likes to be picked up, she follows me around the yard, and she adores hugs. They grow so fast! Lacie is bigger than my chickens already.

many hand raised geese do stay very friendly. Just remember what is cute now at days old (tugging on hair, chewing on hands/clothing) may not be so cute when they are full sized. You will want to set boundaries with them early just like raising a puppy. This way they grow up with you still enjoying them.

Back
Top Bottom