Gosling dying in my hands

Pics

Dave Sgro

In the Brooder
May 31, 2017
NW Ohio
please someone help. I look here all the time for help. I recently purchased 3 Toulouse geese from metzers farm. I lost one female yesterday and am afraid I am losing the other as I type this. She is lethargic and just started today walking backwards. I was told to hydrate the goose but she didn't want to drink. I know it's to early for a swim but I put her in the tub with hopes she would put her head in the water and get a drink which she did. But she even swims backwards. She is sleeping in my lap right now while the male is running around like a normal goose. Please help.

please someone help. I look here all the time for help. I recently purchased 3 Toulouse geese from metzers farm. I lost one female yesterday and am afraid I am losing the other as I type this. She is lethargic and just started today walking backwards. I was told to hydrate the goose but she didn't want to drink. I know it's to early for a swim but I put her in the tub with hopes she would put her head in the water and get a drink which she did. But she even swims backwards. She is sleeping in my lap right now while the male is running around like a normal goose. Please help.
Don't know how to help, I'm new to geese. But someone will pop in soon I'm sure. Hang in there!

Suggestions: Nutridrench for poultry has lots of vitamins in it that may help her out

You can use a dropper or syringe to put liquid in their beak, they usually swallow that

You may get more answers if you post in the Emergencies/Illnesses section of the forum. Including information on age, housing & bedding, water access, and feed would be helpful.

I wish I knew what to suggest! @rebrascora ? @Wyorp Rock ?

Also, I think you should contact the seller about this.

Back
Top Bottom