Gosling fell from my arms

Darlingoo

Songster
7 Years
Aug 3, 2016
God I feel so stupid!
Basically one of the goslings loves to be held I went to the fridge to get some lettuce for him, he was in my arms the fridge door spooked him which made him stand up, flap around and fall out of my arms. He had a hard landing on the tiled floor. And I'm extremely worried about him now, he seems fine in himself he's eating and drinking fine, and I checked him over for anything that may be painful to him or broken but there was nothing, I stayed and watched him when I put them away for the night for half an hour to check he's OK, he seems a bit spaced but all together Normalish.

Is everything I've done so far ok?
Is there anything I should be looking for or checking on?
I just worry a lot since these are my first geese and I really don't want to screw anything up

Thanks a lot in advance

:welcome!

They are extremely resilient and if he's not showing any obvious signs of injury (limping, etc) he's probably fine. Have you ever heard of barnacle geese? The babies literally leap off cliffs when they are few days old and most come through fine :)

That's insane real Trial by fire

cannot thank you enough for your response, you've really given me some piece of mind.
very eager to see what he's like this morning

Back
Top Bottom