Gosling Help

Pixzo

In the Brooder
May 29, 2020
Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice please!

I'm quite concerned about my gosling, she/he is just over 2 weeks old. She came out with both feet curled up, which I had hoped would get better, but over time nothing seemed to change. So following advice from this forum and other places we decided to put cardboard on her feet to see if that would correct it. We managed to correct one leg/foot and she can now stand on that foot, so currently hobbles around! Though, this has now caused her to 'stand' on the back of the leg that doesn't work!

Unfortunately the other leg is still curled up but the 'top' of the leg is incredibly swollen. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what might be going on, how I can help, or if a vet trip is needed! We started her on brewers yeast a few days ago.

Other than that, eating absolutely fine, drinking loads, just causing lots of mess! I've had goslings/geese for years, and have never come across this.

103973518_299392321195544_3203901637765046473_n.jpg
103664477_2696211377368328_9005747785222218656_n.jpg

Thank you in advance,
Chris

Oh no, that looks pretty serious. Is a vet an option?
It's horrible to watch!
Apologies for the delay, I got onto the vets and they're suggesting its a slipped tendon. We were lucky to fix the other one, apparently.. they've suggested putting her down, but fat chance that is happening.

I am going to conduct research on Slipped tendons across the forum, to see what i can come up with. She's still sat her in little comfort zone, but rather she was out running with the others.

Back
Top Bottom