Gosling injured during hatching

TheBlackEye

Hatching
Feb 24, 2021
Hello this is my first time posting here.
I have been around this site before looking at tips and advice, but right now I need some immediate help.

Some time very late last night while one of my goslings was hatching this one got pretty injured. When I checked on it it was bleeding from either its vent or its umbilical cord, I am not sure which it was but there was a lot. I tried to stop the bleeding by covering the wound a little. Eventually i had to leave it up to fate for the night as I went as far as I could at the time.

It survived the night to my surprise but the wound looks rather worrying. Is there any way that I can fix this injury? There is a possible chanace that I may have to put it down, but right now its fighting to live a lot. Its very aware of its surroundings and its trying to walk. I want to give it the best chance I can give it.

Here is the picture of the wound. Sorry that the image quality isnt very good. There is some dried blood that I am trying to clean.

Attachments

• 20210224_171813.jpg
    20210224_171813.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 15
Hello this is my first time posting here.
I have been around this site before looking at tips and advice, but right now I need some immediate help.

Some time very late last night while one of my goslings was hatching this one got pretty injured. When I checked on it it was bleeding from either its vent or its umbilical cord, I am not sure which it was but there was a lot. I tried to stop the bleeding by covering the wound a little. Eventually i had to leave it up to fate for the night as I went as far as I could at the time.

It survived the night to my surprise but the wound looks rather worrying. Is there any way that I can fix this injury? There is a possible chanace that I may have to put it down, but right now its fighting to live a lot. Its very aware of its surroundings and its trying to walk. I want to give it the best chance I can give it.

Here is the picture of the wound. Sorry that the image quality isnt very good. There is some dried blood that I am trying to clean.
Try posting this in the Hatching section as well as this one- I'm so sorry I can't help, and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom