Gosling plucking feathers from siblings

Charlieeb

Hatching
Apr 29, 2024
Hi all,
I am a new to geese. I currently have 3 five week old embdens and 4 four week old Sebastopol goslings. The embdens have been a dream to look after but in the last day one of the Sebastopol goslings has started to pull feathers and draw blood. The embden and Sebs are currently separate due to their size difference. I separated the seb gosling this morning by dividing the brooder but he still tries to pick the others through the wire. I sprayed the other goslings wings and tails with blue spray. I was in the process of integrating the two groups but now I don’t know what to do. How can I stop him attacking the others? Should I move the one offending gosling in with the larger Embdens or would they kill him? Or leave him separated in the brooder? The Emdens are currently free ranging and the plan was to slowly integrate the Sebs so they could join them. Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Toy's tots of toys. Something to do all the time. Think of geese like that new puppy you just got that just chewed up your favorite whatever. So the only toy is a new gosling. Geese just need to be active all the time. If there only toy is a younger smaller sibling...well
There just like a puppy need something to do.

Hey all,
I let them out all day today. I hung up a head of lettuce and a head of cabbage over the pen and some shoelaces. They went in and out all day as they pleased but when I shut them in for the night about 30 mins ago I hung around for a few mins and the one gosling started pecking again so he is separated in the pen again. And I respected the other with some blue spray. Will it take a few days for this to stop?

Back
Top Bottom