is this normal?

if not

what can I give her?

she is in a big bos with some baby chicks

they have pine shavings and 100 watt heat lamp

temperature around the heat lamp is 87º F

Please help

Last edited:
i wonder if she has an allergy to the pine shavings. Can you move her to a cage or something with a smaller heat lamp, like 75 watt and put her on non-skid shelf liner?

yes I can

i have an electric brooder with thermostat

i will clean it and place her there

is it normal for goslings to be allergic?

i've never experienced it, but then i start all my chicks, ducklings, goslings on that non-skid shelf paper for the first week or so. It gives them good footing, and i can just toss it out every other day or so. They carry it here at the 99 Cents Store, so it's a cheap substrate.

The shavings may not be the culprit, but is an easy step to take to rule that out.

How is she today? Is the sneezing non-stop or occasional? Does she have any nasal discharge?

i've never experienced it, but then i start all my chicks, ducklings, goslings on that non-skid shelf paper for the first week or so. It gives them good footing, and i can just toss it out every other day or so. They carry it here at the 99 Cents Store, so it's a cheap substrate.

The shavings may not be the culprit, but is an easy step to take to rule that out.

How is she today? Is the sneezing non-stop or occasional? Does she have any nasal discharge?

No nasal discharge she is doing way better in the clean brooder

I just got some goslings and they all are sneezing I was not told how old they are I'm guessing 6 to 8 weeks old maybe a little younger and that's how they came to me and I trying to get them better one has passed already

Back
Top Bottom