Gosling with weak legs... Can't stand. Tried Brewers yeast, niacin pills

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
Hi everyone
I have a 3 months old pilgrim gosling with really weak legs.
I hatched him myself with another gosling. She doesn't have any issues but he seems to have trouble
It all happened a month ago, I rescued him out of the kiddie pool where he was stuck ( I think his legs gave out ) kept him inside for a few days with extra Brewers yeast he stood up find and was okay. But ever since I noticed that he doesn't seem to have lots strength on his legs. Usually he can walk fine and keeps up with all other ducks and geese I have. They all free range day and night ... ( They have coop but they don't go in there at night. Most of the night they camp outside of the house...)

He can walk n run but sometimes he seems to not able to support himself on his legs n fell on his bum ( like when your legs give out when you try to stand up )

I took him in every few days when I notice he has issues. Usually he spends a night in the bath tub with food n water and extra niacin pills ( I added b complex powder this time too) I can't keep him in all day/ night
I have a pen that no one uses. Every now n then I keep him in there. He doesn't eat much in there ...

What can I do to help him getting stronger on his legs

What can I give him ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230720_230719436.jpg
    PXL_20230720_230719436.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 78
I have one almost the same age with a similar issue.Born in April and started stumbling at a month or two old (according to the lady I got him from) He free ranges in a fenced yard since I got them and they're locked in a secure coop at night.It was recommended I start him on B complex so I ordered a bottle that'll be here by Saturday (I'm getting him a larger pond as well) The nutritional yeast I added to their feed hasn't helped him.He eats and drinks good and swims a lot but rocks back and forth on his legs .He also trips and falls when he tries to run .(He has much wider hips than the female the same age)

Attachments

• 20230716_162819~2.jpg
    20230716_162819~2.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 10
I have one almost the same age with a similar issue.Born in April and started stumbling at a month or two old (according to the lady I got him from) He free ranges in a fenced yard since I got them and they're locked in a secure coop at night.It was recommended I start him on B complex so I ordered a bottle that'll be here by Saturday (I'm getting him a larger pond as well) The nutritional yeast I added to their feed hasn't helped him.He eats and drinks good and swims a lot but rocks back and forth on his legs .He also trips and falls when he tries to run .(He has much wider hips than the female the same age)
I haven't found solutions yet for him
Since he is free ranging it's very hard to add niacin in his diet without taking him in. He will eat when I sit with him
His legs seems to be fine but now I feel like it's because he grew fast and he is not balancing well. He can run with everyone else just sometimes he fell over on his bum

I'm cutting back on the protein a bit and add oats in the feed instead of full grower feed hopefully he will out grow it

The landlord made her get rid of them both because they fought with her chickens when she let them outside to eat grass.They stayed in a bathtub when they weren't outside and were fed scratch feed.

I haven't found solutions yet for him e males too so it makes sense its nutritional
Since he is free ranging it's very hard to add niacin in his diet without taking him in. He will eat when I sit with him
His legs seems to be fine but now I feel like it's because he grew fast and he is not balancing well. He can run with everyone else just sometimes he fell over on his bum

I'm cutting back on the protein a bit and add oats in the feed instead of full grower feed hopefully he will out grow it
I've noticed its usually the males.

Back
Top Bottom