Gosling wounding others

Ruralhideaway

Crowing
5 Years
Sep 21, 2017
Upstate NY
So this started a few days ago but it's getting worse. One of my goslings picks at the others. To the point of wounds on 2 babies.

I gave them more space all day, more grass and other greens when they are in their pen, at least half day grazing.

This happens outside in nice grass, in the pond, and at night. Everywhere, all circumstances. Freshly applied triple antibiotic slows it down, but only briefly.

Think pick no more might help?

I tried pick no more once it didn't help. Maybe giving this bully some time out by himself would be next course of action. Then try rotating a gosling at a time in with it till all have been in then try all together. Give the gosling at least a full day alone but where it can see everyone before adding any one.

I tried pick no more once it didn't help. Maybe giving this bully some time out by himself would be next course of action. Then try rotating a gosling at a time in with it till all have been in then try all together. Give the gosling at least a full day alone but where it can see everyone before adding any one.
Thank you Miss Lydia. I did get a bottle to try and finally moved them up into the duck yard(calls were being grumpy with them), so I'm hoping they'll be occupied worrying about ducks for a bit. If not I'll pen the bad actor as you suggested.

How are things going today?
I've been down with a migraine all day so the mean one didn't get segregated this morning as I planned.

Much of yesterday was better but at bedtime I saw she'd broken a still sheathed feather so I got things ready for morning. Headed out to pen that one now. I've only done what I absolutely had to so far today.

How are things going today?
Very bad day, I hope I didn't sound grumpy. Well I was grumpy with myself for accomplishing nothing. But I so appreciate the concern and help, goose behavior is mysterious sometimes.

The picking continues so I'll get him(really seeming like a gander to me) put away tomorrow to think things over for a bit.

I wish I knew what to tell you of course you have to keep him away if he is going to be so mean. It just seems so young. What is you put one of the other goslings in with him does he attack or pick on it?

Back
Top Bottom