gosling's been ostracised

almostalwayshome

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 19, 2011
Massachusetts
One of my goslings has been kicked out by the flock. She was stuck in a crack when we let them out two days ago, so we took her in to make sure she was ok. When w've tried to return her to the family, they hiss at her and drive her away. What should I DO?
I need advice as soon as possible. Thank you!

One of my goslings has been kicked out by the flock. She was stuck in a crack when we let them out two days ago, so we took her in to make sure she was ok. When w've tried to return her to the family, they hiss at her and drive her away. What should I DO?
I need advice as soon as possible. Thank you!
I'm so sorry, but it does sound like you have become Mother Goose for a while. Wish I had something to say that would help but I don't.
sad.png

I know geese are smarter than chickens, but a friend of mine always puts her new chickens that come out of the brooder into her coop at night while the chickens are on the roost.

She says they never peck on the newcomers. It seems that the chickens figure if it is in the coop in the morning, it must have been there all along.

I wonder if that would work with returning your gosling to the flock? I dunno.

You'd have to be out there super early to watch to make sure they didn't pick on her if it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom