Goslings Hard To Find!

For next year, get on mailing lists for all the big poultry sellers and have them send you a notice when the breed you are interested in becomes available.

Have your mind made up and order early even if you aren't 100% sure. Most of the big hatcheries will refund your money up to a week before delivery.

That's how I got my 3 Sebastopol goslings this year. I got several company notifications, checked and compared prices and terms, and made my choice. I ordered from Metzers right away for the exact delivery date that I wanted and my Sebastopols are precious.

I hear ya! Can't find Pilgrims ANYWHERE, not even males!
I ordered and received 3 Pilgrims but I had to get on a waiting list. I signed up with Metzgers about the first of the year and finally got them at the end of May. They had some kind of issue that caused a week or two delay but they didn't say what caused the delay. I'm very pleased with them. They are very healthy and active.

I just looked at the Metzer site and I'm not sure how or when I was able to get on the notification list. BUT, if it helps those looking to order for next year, I ordered and paid for my goslings November 26, 2021. Sebastopols were available for every date and I think they became available about 4 days prior.

The people at Metzer are very professional and will answer any questions. My 3 Sebastopol goslings and two female runners are spectacular. They are 10 weeks old. I ended up with 2 smooth breasted and only one full curly, but there is never guarantees on the feather type.

Here's a photo of 2 of them. I sprayed blukote on the male's back so that I could tell who is who...
74FE5DC4-278D-4BDC-9893-8E0DBE958EFB.jpeg

I'll be pairing up my Sebbies in December then incubating to check the fertility and to make sure the eggs will hatch. I plan to have two specific groups. One with my young pure whites and one with my greys and lavenders. My Metzer boy and the two geese are spectacular and so friendly...
4C4A8229-C24C-4F4C-BE55-465CCB3C3139.jpeg
022A2B3C-5841-4EA6-A4C2-11DA0347A3D2.jpeg

I will definitely consider shipping eggs mid-season, but will have to ramp up a process to make sure they ship safely.

My one early season grey that I want to mate with my lavender...
819F1B12-CCC8-4A60-9E3A-14D6DF5DA6BA.jpeg

I'll be pairing up my Sebbies in December then incubating to check the fertility and to make sure the eggs will hatch. I plan to have two specific groups. One with my young pure whites and one with my greys and lavenders. My Metzer boy and the two geese are spectacular and so friendly...
View attachment 3264177View attachment 3264178
I will definitely consider shipping eggs mid-season, but will have to ramp up a process to make sure they ship safely.

My one early season grey that I want to mate with my lavender...View attachment 3264183
Great wooley geese there!

Back
Top Bottom