Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

My male tolouse (7 mo) mated with one of my girls for the first time yesterday and it got me thinking about a Food question - Mazuri makes a breeder feed with calcium in it. Is it OK for my gander to eat as well? If not, what do you do for feed during breeding season?

Got an on the run pic of my Tufted x Toulouse gosling its 8 mos old now. The way it can fly i believe it could migrate if it wanted to lol never had a goose to fly as much & as well as this one does. Cant wait to see what it produces this season.

Got an on the run pic of my Tufted x Toulouse gosling its 8 mos old now. The way it can fly i believe it could migrate if it wanted to lol never had a goose to fly as much & as well as this one does. Cant wait to see what it produces this season.
Beautiful 8 and speaking of off spring, hows your lil one doing?

Beautiful 8 and speaking of off spring, hows your lil one doing?

She was pretty sick this week. I ran out of milk so the dr suggested Gentlease formula, she was allergic to it. It bound her up and she was projectile vomitting & screaming non stop. I switched her to Soy formula & shes back to being a happy baby. Shes 6 wks old today.

She was pretty sick this week. I ran out of milk so the dr suggested Gentlease formula, she was allergic to it. It bound her up and she was projectile vomitting & screaming non stop. I switched her to Soy formula & shes back to being a happy baby. Shes 6 wks old today.
Gosh poor baby and mama I'm glad you got her back to being happy again. 6 weeks old wow sorry I'm haven't been back to check been busy caring for my dad, dh and animals. Whew!

Gosh poor baby and mama I'm glad you got her back to being happy again. 6 weeks old wow sorry I'm haven't been back to check been busy caring for my dad, dh and animals. Whew!

Time is flying by. Seems like just yesterday i was in labor. If this soy formula doesnt work im going to try real milk, goat or cow. Something has got to work im running out of food options for her.

Time is flying by. Seems like just yesterday i was in labor. If this soy formula doesnt work im going to try real milk, goat or cow. Something has got to work im running out of food options for her.
Poor thing, listen and I am no Dr but when my son was born I tried to do the natural but just couldn't won't go into details but when I looked at all the canned formula and saw all the garbage that was in them I did what my mom did I started using plain ole cows milk now I would use organic back then I didn't have a choice but then they weren't pumping animals full of antibiotics and stuff either, Both my children were raised on it and never had any allergy problems like kids have today It maybe worth trying. I also started feeding mine rice cereal before it was recommended to and they never had any problems I wonder about the Dr's now days they really have some weird ideas. Listening to what my dd has told me from raising her 3. I told her it's a wonder we didn't kill you and your brother. lol But you know our moms and their moms etc might have known more than we give them credit for.

Poor thing, listen and I am no Dr but when my son was born I tried to do the natural but just couldn't won't go into details but when I looked at all the canned formula and saw all the garbage that was in them I did what my mom did I started using plain ole cows milk now I would use organic back then I didn't have a choice but then they weren't pumping animals full of antibiotics and stuff either, Both my children were raised on it and never had any allergy problems like kids have today It maybe worth trying. I also started feeding mine rice cereal before it was recommended to and they never had any problems I wonder about the Dr's now days they really have some weird ideas. Listening to what my dd has told me from raising her 3. I told her it's a wonder we didn't kill you and your brother. lol But you know our moms and their moms etc might have known more than we give them credit for.

I think im going to try it because today we are back at square one, shes backed up again and screaming. Poor little thing cant keep going like this all she thinks about is her tummy bothering her. When we help her with suppositories shes a happy baby afterwards.
I think you are right about the older generations knowing more then we give credit. All ive ever heard from my family over the years was give goat or cow milk to babies if there was a problem with them eating the other stuff. Its only been 4 days for the soy so its still soon but if this goes any longer im borrowing a goat or a cow. I have a friend who has both and are fed right.

Last edited:
I think im going to try it because today we are back at square one, shes backed up again and screaming. Poor little thing cant keep going like this all she thinks about is her tummy bothering her. When we help her with suppositories shes a happy baby afterwards.
I think you are right about the older generations knowing more then we give credit. All ive ever heard from my family over the years was give goat or cow milk to babies if there was a problem with them eating the other stuff. Its only been 4 days for the soy so its still soon but if this goes any longer im borrowing a goat or a cow. I have a friend who has both and are fed right.
I'd try the goat first, and what I did was put a small amount of Karo syrup in the bottom of the bottle before I put in the milk to warm the syrup was suppose to keep them from getting constipated. Now I'd not tell you to do this maybe you could find more info on line but this is how my mom fed me and my brother and I fed my 2. If you told your pediatrician this she/he would probably have the cow for you.
roll.png

Sold two pair of white chinese tonight. They went to a good home. Almost a mirror image of what they had here. I kept one white chinese goose incase i ever get another brown gander. That leaves me with two toulouse, a tufted roman goose, Stormy & my tufted toulouse cross. The only gander(that i know of) is Tucker the toulouse. Having only 6 geese here is kind of weird.
Im thinking of ordering a female tufted roman gosling & a pair of tufted buffs in the spring.

I'd try the goat first, and what I did was put a small amount of Karo syrup in the bottom of the bottle before I put in the milk to warm the syrup was suppose to keep them from getting constipated. Now I'd not tell you to do this maybe you could find more info on line but this is how my mom fed me and my brother and I fed my 2. If you told your pediatrician this she/he would probably have the cow for you.:rolleyes:

Im gonna give this a chance since its only been 4 days. I had to be on the same stuff as a baby because of the same problems. If not then its on to the goats milk. Was it Dark Karo or light Karo? I have light karo been trying that but ive heard its not as good as the dark.

Back
Top Bottom