Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

nate1the1great1

Songster
9 Years
Jan 26, 2014
Colorado
Well its not exactly 2015 year and a little early for eggs but I have eggs and am hatching come and talk to us on here and share your stories and how your hatching is going :D :thumbsup I have a great feeling that this is going to be a great year for hatching. :jumpy
Here are some pix in the first one that looks like a spider thats a forming embryo in the second pix its a blood circle which means the embryo died

Last edited:
I apologize that I am not really up to speed on why your Ollie is separate from your girls but I would think he would be happier and friendlier if he was with them.
If the girls are bonded they may stay that way or one may pair off with him, but unless it is breeding season the three of them should hang out together.
Actually after he is with them a while he should protect them.
My experience has been that the one that is distant is drawn in and learns to trust as they see the lack of fear and the amount of trust the others have for you.
I personally don't think I would give him back to a farmer as you never know what may happen to him.
I have my Oliver. I rescued him in 2003. He can barely walk and I occasionally have to pick him up and help him to his feet. He knows I have no ill intentions toward him, will take bread from me although that took quite a while. At first he snatched it very quickly but now he's much nicer about it. Having said that he still has days that he just hisses at me.
It is what it is. I have to deal with him on his level, not mine. Some days do I mumble under my breath " you goofball"? I do.
Linda,
Reebok, Oliver and Piper

Congrats on the gosling! I learned a neat trick from a friend recently for brooding solo babies. Hang a feather duster upside down in brooder, as it will give the baby a place to snuggle under that simulates being under momma goose.

Well its not exactly 2015 year and a little early for eggs but I have eggs and am hatching come and talk to us on here and share your stories and how your hatching is going :D :thumbsup I have a great feeling that this is going to be a great year for hatching. :jumpy
Here are some pix in the first one that looks like a spider thats a forming embryo in the second pix its a blood circle which means the embryo died

Awesome pics! Keep posting candling pics with the weeks but they are in case someone needs a reference. Thanks for posting the link I didn't want to miss out on anything.

Im going to start saving up my money for a new incubator from brinsea its one of the cabinet bator sits $1,149 im going to sell eggs and chicks and im going to make custom signs for people

Back
Top Bottom