Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Im going to start saving up my money for a new incubator from brinsea its one of the cabinet bator sits $1,149 im going to sell eggs and chicks and im going to make custom signs for people

Well in two hours is new a new year have a good one and have a great safe 2015 and have a good hatch this year for 2015 of course
wink.png
Happy New Year to you serv... 6 hrs 45 min before 2015 here.

Also loads of my ganders are doing mating signs (usually starts in February) but it has been reasonably warm here despite the -6 4 day's ago. But this is the first year with so many African xChinese and African geese and they are very.... Dunno the word (horny) especially the Chinese crosses so I dunno if that is causing them to do this even though I saw my embden gander doing it too.
Geese can be confusing feckers I can tell ye that ;)

Also loads of my ganders are doing mating signs (usually starts in February) but it has been reasonably warm here despite the -6 4 day's ago. But this is the first year with so many African xChinese and African geese and they are very.... Dunno the word (horny) especially the Chinese crosses so I dunno if that is causing them to do this even though I saw my embden gander doing it too.
Geese can be confusing feckers I can tell ye that
wink.png
Yes they can, I have been noticing Babe more and more acting like a gander and then 2x this week he acted like he was going to bite me. this afternoon was the 2nd time. Unless I have an aggressive girl I'm pretty sure Babe is a gander. He hasn't acted like a gander as far as mating but Sammy has been mating with Toots my Buff for a couple months now. What ever happened to mating season starting up in Feb. ?? I'm confused and i think they are too. -6 wow that's some frigid weather. Hows your gander doing that the fox got hold of?

Happiest of New Years to everyone. The New Year is only 6.5 hours away from us here in West Texas. Boy has it been cold. High today was 19 with chill factor of 5. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse. But Sting, Lydia and Pauline are in their house partying in the New Year. Look forward to whatever the strange early mating might bring and will be depending on all you more experienced goosers to walk me through it.

Well, I thought it was a bit early for breeding season here in Florida but My buff dewlap Toulouse is laying on 16 eggs as of today.
celebrate.gif
Some buff some gray. But I wanted to say thank you for the egg candling pics so we have something to go by when we candle them in a few days. They started laying around the 20th of December and I have a few laid as recent as yesterday. can't wait to see if any of them hatch. Any suggestions????
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom