Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

well thanks I will have a nice omlete for breakfast ya shes such a great girl not looking to broody I just got 4eggs from n.c east coast ya I getting the temp up this year well thanks for the hint myron

Ok so my embden eggs should be ready to hatch any day, they're all alive and kicking in there but we had some issues with low temps in the first week so my question is how many days should it take from set to hatch if everything was perfect? I'm expecting them to be late but that's way better an outcome then when I had thought they had all quit

I'm on a selling spree so this is the last you will see of these guys :)

Last edited:
Ok so my embden eggs should be ready to hatch any day, they're all alive and kicking in there but we had some issues with low temps in the first week so my question is how many days should it take from set to hatch if everything was perfect? I'm expecting them to be late but that's way better an outcome then when I had thought they had all quit
30-32 days don't give up on them it can take 48 hrs from internal pip to hatch water fowl are very slow in hatching, actually they like to make us crazy waiting. Hope you have a great hatch.
fl.gif

Last year I hatched my first set of Sebbie eggs. It was a horrible experience because 3 of the 5 that made it, died during piping. Luckily, I hatched a male and female and today she laid her first egg!!!! She laid it outside of her coop in the yard and when i found it, it was cold. So..... do I try to hatch it myself or see if she will sit on it if I put it back????

Today would be day 32 but I plan to give them at least another week to do their thing just in case, I have to give them a fair chance after developing despite being way under temp every night the first week =/

You could collect it and any other randomly placed eggs till she decides on a nest space then add them where she's started laying she'll probably set them =) or you could collect her randomly placed eggs till she settles into a nest and put them in the bator while she sets the new ones then add the bator goslings to her brood when everybody is hatched =) really up to you. Some people like to crack the first one open to check fertility. Me I put them in the bator till I am sure she's gonna set them.

We finally have a nest! So excited! Although, I think of the 5 geese we got last year 4 were males. Unless one of the females acts like a male. Ah well. I'm happy I at least have one female and we are finally getting eggs. I'm trying to decide if I'll leave them and let her sit or try my hand at some of these in the incubator first...

Back
Top Bottom