Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Hope everyone and their animals are well
1f44c.png

Haven't been on for a very long time!
Have missed seeing you around. This is just what the holidays are for. Old friends popping in, a chance to catch up. My flocks are doing really well. They seem to really be enjoying our winter weather. You accurately sexed my three geese over a year ago and my gander is sort of named in your honor (servpolice = the rock group Police = lead singer Sting so he is named Sting). He and his two ladies blessed us with 8 goslings this year so we have a gaggle of 11 Toulouse.

I come on every once in a while, the winter is drawin in the wild animals and the cold, so I have lost a few chickens and ducks already. I will post some pics of what I won at my last show tomorrow.
nate, always nice to see you on here. Sorry to hear you have lost a few birds. We also have been having winter critters coming about but so far no losses. Look forward to seeing the latest prize you have won with yours.

Ok so at the last show I went to the Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers. I too, 2 chickens a Nankin and an American game, I also took my 2 Sebbies and my blue Swedish duck and blue runner. So I had the same issues this time as last time with that woman but I have proof that I beat her geese. So there were about 10 Sebbies up there and the judges loved my geese so much but the other people have the best so they got the BB best goose and best medium goose, on the other hand they did it so after that the others would be graded and placed in order so like 1,2,3,4.... Well mine got 1 and 2 so that amazed me. I also got best medium by a junior and best goose by a junior, but they didn't give me the award becuase that lady complained again after he marked it on my tag, so I can atleast no that the judges thought my geese were better, and these judges were HIGH UP IN THE APA had the APA leader in waterfowl there and it was an honor that.... He told me my blue Swedish duck a
Is amazing, and I had tons of people that were in it for 50 years telling me my duck was outstanding. Here's some pics.

I also got Champion senior showman, which is a big deal to me. I have met so many wonderful people on my first year, and I thank all of you on here for all of the stories throughout the year, and hope that next years is just as good.

Hey Serv! Glad to see you pop in. I'm going to make an effort to hatch a few white Africans next spring and hope you are around!

Ok so at the last show I went to the Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers. I too, 2 chickens a Nankin and an American game, I also took my 2 Sebbies and my blue Swedish duck and blue runner. So I had the same issues this time as last time with that woman but I have proof that I beat her geese. So there were about 10 Sebbies up there and the judges loved my geese so much but the other people have the best so they got the BB best goose and best medium goose, on the other hand they did it so after that the others would be graded and placed in order so like 1,2,3,4.... Well mine got 1 and 2 so that amazed me. I also got best medium by a junior and best goose by a junior, but they didn't give me the award becuase that lady complained again after he marked it on my tag, so I can atleast no that the judges thought my geese were better, and these judges were HIGH UP IN THE APA had the APA leader in waterfowl there and it was an honor that.... He told me my blue Swedish duck a
Is amazing, and I had tons of people that were in it for 50 years telling me my duck was outstanding. Here's some pics.

I also got Champion senior showman, which is a big deal to me. I have met so many wonderful people on my first year, and I thank all of you on here for all of the stories throughout the year, and hope that next years is just as good.
Nate you should be very proud you have done outstanding and your birds are beautiful

Congratulations!!

I'm sorry a pred got some of your chickens and ducks.

Nate you should be very proud you have done outstanding and your birds are beautiful

Congratulations!!

I'm sorry a pred got some of your chickens and ducks. 

It ended up being my neighbors daughters dog which is a relief, but sadly I lost my favorite hen with it, but not a big deal she gave me some money for my show birds to get it he spring, becuase she didn't feel right about the dog coming in so she was relieved that I was ok about it.

It ended up being my neighbors daughters dog which is a relief, but sadly I lost my favorite hen with it, but not a big deal she gave me some money for my show birds to get it he spring, becuase she didn't feel right about the dog coming in so she was relieved that I was ok about it.
I'm glad she was thoughtful enough to pay for the losses. This dog got some of your ducks too? Do your birds just free range with out fencing?

I'm glad she was thoughtful enough to pay for the losses. This dog got some of your ducks too? Do your birds just free range with out fencing?

No the dog only got that one, my naked neck, Buffy, got an infection fro, the cows stepping on her foot free I tried to get it out, and my duck, Nibbler, died from something in the soil, and all my ducks have it becuase they keep going to the neighbors pasture through the fence. Yes they free range, but I have a 5 foot fence up and the dog jumped over it, and other will to and my chickens will just squeeze through the fence somehow.

No the dog only got that one, my naked neck, Buffy, got an infection fro, the cows stepping on her foot free I tried to get it out, and my duck, Nibbler, died from something in the soil, and all my ducks have it becuase they keep going to the neighbors pasture through the fence. Yes they free range, but I have a 5 foot fence up and the dog jumped over it, and other will to and my chickens will just squeeze through the fence somehow.
Have you taken in a stool sample to see what it is in the soil they have? cocci is easily treated.

Back
Top Bottom