Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Ouch to your losses, Serv. I too want to know if any buff Africans survived? They are so beautiful.

Miss L, sorry we drop off on you in this forum. Luckily you also have chickens and ducks and I assume those forums are less seasonal than here?

Look forward to hatching together next spring!

Yea I think Livin left last time I was on earlier this year.
Don't worry Iain and Miss L I still have all my buffs ;)
I even still have sloppy Joe if you can remember him from the hatchalong last year.
I'm trying to find more buffs as they are the ones I want to go further with.
Iain how are your Africans catching up? Your whites in particular and Miss L did you find out the sex of your toulouse
1f602.png

I did miss byc but work for starters and college but I'm back but remember I will never leave even if I'm not online for long periods of time ;)
And carrosaur I drive up and down everyday to college
1f60f.png

Selling your extra male geese seemed like a wise choice.
And I think that we all agree that the blue/lav Americans are absolutely stunning of a lot of the goose breeds but they aren't the most common of breeds.
In other words get them!
1f389.png

Ouch to your losses, Serv. I too want to know if any buff Africans survived? They are so beautiful.

Miss L, sorry we drop off on you in this forum. Luckily you also have chickens and ducks and I assume those forums are less seasonal than here?

Look forward to hatching together next spring!
Look forward to following along J.

Yea I think Livin left last time I was on earlier this year.
Don't worry Iain and Miss L I still have all my buffs
wink.png

I even still have sloppy Joe if you can remember him from the hatchalong last year.
I'm trying to find more buffs as they are the ones I want to go further with.
Iain how are your Africans catching up? Your whites in particular and Miss L did you find out the sex of your toulouse
1f602.png

I did miss byc but work for starters and college but I'm back but remember I will never leave even if I'm not online for long periods of time
wink.png

And carrosaur I drive up and down everyday to college
1f60f.png

Selling your extra male geese seemed like a wise choice.
And I think that we all agree that the blue/lav Americans are absolutely stunning of a lot of the goose breeds but they aren't the most common of breeds.
In other words get them!
1f389.png
Yay for Buffs!!

I'll keep ye updated with pictures hopefully somewhere this week!
My brown African goslings usually start growing their dewlaps at 1year and a half which I don't know why because some have dewlaps at 8 months or less
1f60f.png

Iain do you have the same problem?

I'll keep ye updated with pictures hopefully somewhere this week!
My brown African goslings usually start growing their dewlaps at 1year and a half which I don't know why because some have dewlaps at 8 months or less
1f60f.png

Iain do you have the same problem?
Some must just be slower to mature than others.

My whites are good, thanks.
big_smile.png

I've noticed that the timing of dewlap development is individual, although in general it seems the boys develop them more quickly than the girls. I have quite a few girls that didn't develop dewlaps until after their first laying season was finished.

I've read that pure African geese don't develop a dewlap until over a year old though some can grow earlier but the dewlap can take 3 years :)
It's interesting but I've seen pure African goslings grow dewlaps quite early.
Maybe it's their environment and what food you use etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom