got a copperhead tonight, right in front of our coop.

nice, I'll definatly have to give that a try. There are a few piles of branches and debris that were here when we moved in, I need to get all that cleared out, get rid rid of the covering.

Do you have water near you? (creek or stream). Cuz I always thought Copperheads liked the water. Maybe I'm making that up. Off to google. What state are you in btw?

Nevermind, just saw Virginia.

Last edited:
we have a ditch that runs accross our property about 60 ft into the woods behind our coop. there usually isn't any water in it, unless we get rain which we have the past two days. We are in south east virginia.

Mr. Google says they are the snake most likely to strike, but also the most "weak" venom. Most bites aren't fatal but are very painful. (duh) I hate all snakes. I really hate them. I hope your chicken is okay. Her foot looks so sore!

well He was pretty.. but Still glad you were able to dispose of it.. I hate snakes.. they freek me out!! i thik if i find any now that we have the chickens I'll flip rite now! I know there are Garden snakes around or whatever their calld. I've seen them a bit up the road in the road.. adn There has been snake skin by the side of my house.. I thik snake skin is cool. but I dont like the live verison

You wouldnt happen to be related to some Capps that lived in Chesapeake Va would you? I grew up there and we lived in a neighborhood called King James Colonly off of Blackwater rd and this older couple lived behind us who were just about the nicest people I have ever met...just curious if there is any relation to them?

Back
Top Bottom