got a free peafowl egg....with conditions

shawnkfl

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
christiansburg, VA
i just got a peafowl egg for free! actually, i'm just keeping it my incubator for him while he's on vacation. he'll be back next week and get his incubator ready for it. so, i'll take care of it while he's gone. this is the first egg from his peahen. he said if he gets another, i can have it! cool!!

Hi shawnkfl,

If this is the first egg she laid, don't be surprised if the egg is not fertile. Most of the time the first egg from a peahen is not fertile but once and awhile you get lucky. So good luck on the eggs.

Congrats on the eggs !!!
wink.png

yes around 28. I had some hatch at day 25

Last edited:
Quote:
Lot depends on when they start laying, some peahen will start laying before the peacocks are breeding. Eggs gather after the peacocks are displaying alot most will be fertile.

Hatch time 28 days + or - 2 days

Quote:
Lot depends on when they start laying, some peahen will start laying before the peacocks are breeding. Eggs gather after the peacocks are displaying alot most will be fertile.

Hatch time 28 days + or - 2 days

Most of my males are breeding a couple of weeks before the first egg. And still this year all of my first egg were duds. Last year I had 2 good first ones.

well, the first one was on the 14th. i candled it today and it seems to be devloping. it looks darker than when i put it in anyway. time will tell i guess. i've never hatched these, so this should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom