Got a new fall arrangement but the labeling is misssing! Help!

chickenreyna

Songster
Oct 10, 2017
Oklahoma
My eight
Year-old must had pulled the label off.

it said fall arrangement, but, I need to know what i need to do, as in how often I water it & sunlight etc.

Attachments

• 20181202_124635-1.jpg
    20181202_124635-1.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 39
My eight
Year-old must had pulled the label off.

it said fall arrangement, but, I need to know what i need to do, as in how often I water it & sunlight etc.
They are flowering cabbages, grown for their ornamental appearance and colored leaves. So they take the same care as garden cabbages. Moist soil, but not waterlogged. So if they are kept outside, just water them when the soil starts looking a little dry. If you have consistent rain, then no need to water much. They will take light frost, but move them to the garage if you expect heavy frost or an arctic blast.

If grown indoors, water maybe once a week-- whenever the soil starts looking dry. No need to fertilize these plants. They are biennials and will probably run to flower and die by summer.

I have no idea what the grassy plant in the middle is, but I am sure it will be fine with the same care as the cabbages.

Wow thank you for all the helpful information..i appreciate it greatly thanks :)

They are flowering cabbages, grown for their ornamental appearance and colored leaves. So they take the same care as garden cabbages. Moist soil, but not waterlogged. So if they are kept outside, just water them when the soil starts looking a little dry. If you have consistent rain, then no need to water much. They will take light frost, but move them to the garage if you expect heavy frost or an arctic blast.

If grown indoors, water maybe once a week-- whenever the soil starts looking dry. No need to fertilize these plants. They are biennials and will probably run to flower and die by summer.

I have no idea what the grassy plant in the middle is, but I am sure it will be fine with the same care as the cabbages.

Back
Top Bottom