got a new game today,, UPDATE post 103

Drimmel tool or a really small hacksaw will cut rooster spurs really good. First saw off about 1/8" then measure 1/2" from the leg and saw the spur off again. Sawing the spurs off allows the rooster to roost more comfortable, keeps him for hurting the hens back when mounting and is a safety feature in case he hits at a person. Alsoa judge gets REALLY mad if he reaches in a pen and sticks himself on a roosters spurs!
wink.png

Quote:
What kind of guy is that with the pretty long tale? He looks like my Mr. Cockley (he was a freebie from a neighbor, never knew what he was.) Unfortunately, he became a chicken nugget when the dogs got my flock. I would love to find another...he was so pretty!

Quote:
What kind of guy is that with the pretty long tale? He looks like my Mr. Cockley (he was a freebie from a neighbor, never knew what he was.) Unfortunately, he became a chicken nugget when the dogs got my flock. I would love to find another...he was so pretty!

he's a black grey game ,, he was a freebie also
big_smile.png

he's also my favorite "looking" roo
wink.png

and Thankies

Quote:
thats cause he's a show-off
tongue.gif

hehe,, ya i think next time ill try 1,, but the dremil did do it very good,, and fast,, i picked it just in case i went down too far and figured it would cauterize it if i did,,,,,,,,,,,, some of us aint as old,,, i mean,, experienced as snake is
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
wink.png

Yah Snakeman has a ton of info stored in his brain. Sometimes when he makes a statement I just stare at him and then ask him "How do you know that?" His wealth of info on animals impresses me. He is 59 years old and has dealt with all sorts of animals his whole life. He has studied animals his whole life. He is a lot older than me but our love for wildlife was what brought us together and has kept us together all these years now. Thats why I call him my old man. Ha ha Later
SARA

If you think there will be any bleeding you can take a torch and light it and then take a flat tool, I use my cake cutting knife. Then heat the knife and hold it the place that is bleeding and it will stop the bleeding. I think though you would only use this if there is alot of bleeding.

Its called a tie cord, To trim his spurs you can use a blade out of a hack saw leave at least an inch on. it may bled a little at an inch but not much. if it does put some flour on it to stop the bleeding

In regards to trimming the spurs, I use a pair of pliers, grip the spurs near the leg, apply a little pressure and twist back and forth until the outside layer cracks. You'll see it. Then just pull it off. There will be a little blood on the new spur, and it will be a little tender for a couple of days, but the spurs don't grow back as fast. After a week or so, file the point down if you want to.

I know some kids who make necklaces out of the old spurs.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom