got a new game today,, UPDATE post 103

You better move that chick, shrek is going to eat him!!! Ahh

wink.png

A very small tooth hacksaw or dremel tool will cut spurs without harming. Make one cut 1/4" from the tip then make the second cut 1/2" from the leg. Make sure you do this at night when the rooster is calm. Safer for the hen as the rooster doesn't make a spur sore on her back when he is topping her.

Well 8 hatched out and were fine til saturday. She decided to leave the doghouse and move into the hen house. They were ihn there for a week and something killed all but 1. One missing a head two left with bites the rest gone. Most of them think its a rat , they thought if it was a weasel it would have took them all. I hope its a rat....I am an exterminator and I can fix its wagon.
wink.png
My luck the only survivor will be a roo lol. Momma is smart she moved back to the doghouse.

matt y. :

Well 8 hatched out and were fine til saturday. She decided to leave the doghouse and move into the hen house. They were ihn there for a week and something killed all but 1. One missing a head two left with bites the rest gone. Most of them think its a rat , they thought if it was a weasel it would have took them all. I hope its a rat....I am an exterminator and I can fix its wagon.
wink.png
My luck the only survivor will be a roo lol. Momma is smart she moved back to the doghouse.

mannnnnnn,,, that sux,,, sorry
sad.png

skunks are famous for just eating the heads off,,,but i bet the same gun for rats will work
wink.png

jus be careful of poisons,, if the birds get a bug that walked through it,, their dead too .
i think im up to about 15 or 20 babies from mine,,, just started getting the eggs steady,,, and now they've STOPPED,,,, dang molting ca-ca
sad.png

now fix a better place for her, for the "next time",,,, again,, sorries
sad.png

I have aquired a rat size rodent bait station. This way only a rat sized critter can go in and eat the bait. That rat should die back at its burrow. As far as secondary poisoning poison works on a weight ratio, the bigger the animal the more is needed. So even if the chickens ate their droppings (which do contain poison after consumption) they would need to eat way more than it would produce. Your right about getting her a better place to brood. Last night a possum joined her the dog house...needless to say the only thing harmed was the possum. YAY .22!

YAYYYYYy 22
big_smile.png

,, does "decon" work the same way?,, i dont know much bout poisins,,, cept for the stuff i used BEFORE i got my birds,,, that stuff killed every living thing within a mile from here,, hehe,, but we had no ticks,, fleas, spiders,,,, birds, cats,,, so i dont use it anymore lol
wink.png

is cool to find someone that knows bout the "yucky" stuff
wink.png

Decon is a bait, meaning they must eat it for it to work. It isnt as strong as the professional but yes it works the same. If I was going to use it you for sure want to putit somewhere that the chickens cant get to it. It is a perafin wax and millet mix so they would love it too. Also remember rats could move it out for your chickens. It works as a blood thinner. Continual doses of vitamin K is the antidote. WHen I put out bait (at a house or business) I never put out more than necessary. There should never be enough poison in your house ,for examplel, to kill a dog or cat. I would use this method in my hen house too. A one ounce block will be all I need at one time in my hen house.

Back
Top Bottom