got a new puppy and going to do this right

What you do is basically when he is playing and you dont want him to anymore then you tell him done ..so you can walk by mess with him then say done.or in the middle of tug of war say done when hes barking and you know what he is saying say done. Does that make sense it is a good way to teach him a command that can be transformed into more than one thing same as when he gets his biting stage he should've learned done and he will stop.
yes I understand. how do you teach it?

yes I understand. how do you teach it?
Let me see if I can find a video otherwise i will do one myself haha. The biggest question is he food oriented or people oriented? Also when he eats you should brush him and mess with him so that way he doesnt become food aggressive or if you give bones randomly everyone and then take it from him to show that you are boss and you get to do that. Then he wont be aggressive towards food. If he growls you keep the bone for 5 or so mins and if he doesnt just give it back also when you feed and water him make him sit or lay down before upy give

Let me see if I can find a video otherwise i will do one myself haha. The biggest question is he food oriented or people oriented? Also when he eats you should brush him and mess with him so that way he doesnt become food aggressive or if you give bones randomly everyone and then take it from him to show that you are boss and you get to do that. Then he wont be aggressive towards food. If he growls you keep the bone for 5 or so mins and if he doesnt just give it back also when you feed and water him make him sit or lay down before upy give
Also if you want him to be able to be off leash without hating yourself I would teach him now. Also take him to stores and public walkways so he knows how to behave sorry for all the info..I have a 11year old st bernard. And 2year old somethings. That I am training now and a 3 month puppy -cockapoo so I have my hands full.

Also if you want him to be able to be off leash without hating yourself I would teach him now. Also take him to stores and public walkways so he knows how to behave sorry for all the info..I have a 11year old st bernard. And 2year old somethings. That I am training now and a 3 month puppy -cockapoo so I have my hands full
so how should i teach him to go offleash? he does not have all his shots yet so cant really take him places

I have taught him sit and laydown. what should he learn next?
Dont get ahead of youself. Does he sit and laydown for treats, or because you are asking him? Will he sit and lay down wihtout treats and using praise for the reward? Will he sit and lay down on a walk, with distractions like other dogs around him?
If not, you need to master all of these things before moving on. Sit and lay down aren't tricks, they're vital commands. If he wont respond to them under chaotic, exciting, or distracting circumstances without treats, then those commands are unless.
If he takes off after a squirrel running across the road, you need to be able to yell, "stop! Sit" and have him listen, or he could get hit by a car.

When you walk does he have a harness...have you used a leash does he pull?does he stay by you most of the time?sorry I am just trying to get the feel since every puppy is different.
yes he has a harrness. he does not know how to walk on the leash and he just bites it.
and he stays by me all the time and always follows me. sorry for the late reply

Dont get ahead of youself. Does he sit and laydown for treats, or because you are asking him? Will he sit and lay down wihtout treats and using praise for the reward? Will he sit and lay down on a walk, with distractions like other dogs around him?
If not, you need to master all of these things before moving on. Sit and lay down aren't tricks, they're vital commands. If he wont respond to them under chaotic, exciting, or distracting circumstances without treats, then those commands are unless.
If he takes off after a squirrel running across the road, you need to be able to yell, "stop! Sit" and have him listen, or he could get hit by a car.
he does sit without treats and instead with toys

yes he has a harrness. he does not know how to walk on the leash and he just bites it.
and he stays by me all the time and always follows me. sorry for the late reply
I do you have a long rope that you could tie incase he went running I would get something like that...and put his harness on so he makes the connection. My dog will runaway if she doesnt have her harness on but if she does she stays just fine.

Back
Top Bottom