1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got a problem

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pamperedpoultry, Dec 14, 2011.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I have a lg still air incubator, after shutting them down last time I put them on our back porch and now one of the clear plastic windows on the top are missing.. needing to set it back up but wondering what i could put back over the hole that the plastic parts suppost to go in? would shipping tape work?

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:Do you have any plastic totes ? Like the plastic shoe boxes they sell? You can cut a piece from a clear one and still be able to see inside [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pamperedpoultry

hadn't thought of that.. I dont that i can think of.. would have to cut it pretty exact not to let air escape too..

4. Melissa Rose

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Use the packing tape to secure it and it won't matter if it's not quite perfect also if you have any kitchen silcone laying around you can use that to fill in gaps [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  5. pamperedpoultry

Quote:good idea thanks!!

6. Melissa Rose

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:good idea thanks!!

You are welcome and Happy Holidays [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by