Got all my flocks tested by the state

Tre3hugger

Let Your Freak Flag Fly
Mar 21, 2020
NW Massachusetts
So, last week I got all my birds tested by the state. 19 Chickens, 20 quail, and 9 guineas. Wrangling all for individual blood tests during a down pour was likely comical to watch for the state official sitting comfortably under a pop up lol. The birds were tested for Salmonella Pallorum & avian influenza. Today I got the results, and they all came back negative!! I am happy that I can now legally sell hatching eggs and chicks, and have taken the first step towards NPIP certification. I am going to be offering quail hatching eggs to start, and heritage Delaware and New Hampshire eggs once my chicks mature. Also will sell their sex linked baby girls. This was a big step for Cuckoo Mountain Farm!

So, last week I got all my birds tested by the state. 19 Chickens, 20 quail, and 9 guineas. Wrangling all for individual blood tests during a down pour was likely comical to watch for the state official sitting comfortably under a pop up lol. The birds were tested for Salmonella Pallorum & avian influenza. Today I got the results, and they all came back negative!! I am happy that I can now legally sell hatching eggs and chicks, and have taken the first step towards NPIP certification. I am going to be offering quail hatching eggs to start, and heritage Delaware and New Hampshire eggs once my chicks mature. Also will sell their sex linked baby girls. This was a big step for Cuckoo Mountain Farm!
Congratulations! That's exciting.

What breeds will you be selling, do you export outside of US?

Back
Top Bottom