Got chicken stories?

this isn't chicken-related, but yesterday I was playing basketball with a friend. When he went in for a layup, I tried to block him but his head accidentally hit my mouth on the right side. ouch! it really hurt, but it got better soon after that. Then I noticed this morning that the tooth he accidentally hit was the tooth that I've been trying to loosen all year! YAY!!
lol.png
big_smile.png
cool.png

Oh, I got another one.

Okay, so I had a little broody hen. She's one of those hens that is REALLY protective and grumpy when broody.
Anyways, She had just gotten her chicks, and was walking around the yard with them. She was looking around, and stuck her head in an empty bucket. When she took her head out, she had gottten the handle wrapped around her neck. She immediately started freaking out. Then, when she finally got it off, she made sure to show that bucket what she thought of that. She attacked it and chased it all over the yard for like, 5 minutes.

this isn't chicken-related, but yesterday I was playing basketball with a friend. When he went in for a layup, I tried to block him but his head accidentally hit my mouth on the right side. ouch! it really hurt, but it got better soon after that. Then I noticed this morning that the tooth he accidentally hit was the tooth that I've been trying to loosen all year! YAY!!
lol.png
big_smile.png
cool.png
LOL! I just love it when things work out!!!!

Oh, I got another one.

Okay, so I had a little broody hen. She's one of those hens that is REALLY protective and grumpy when broody.
Anyways, She had just gotten her chicks, and was walking around the yard with them. She was looking around, and stuck her head in an empty bucket. When she took her head out, she had gottten the handle wrapped around her neck. She immediately started freaking out. Then, when she finally got it off, she made sure to show that bucket what she thought of that. She attacked it and chased it all over the yard for like, 5 minutes.
Hilarious!!!!!!!!! Let that be a warning to buckets all over the world!!!!

Oh, I got another one.

lolol chickens
he.gif

yeah I have a PPR, nutmeg, who is the queen of the flock
bow.gif
. since I have no roosters, she has taken charge
old.gif
. oh, the joy of the pecking order. NOT
he.gif
. well anyway, We are currently getting thundersnow up here in MN and I remembered what nutmeg always does when there's snow on the ground. so I will open up their door and they're all
yesss.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
, but when they see the snow they're all like
ep.gif
hmm.png
hu.gif
hide.gif
. then nutmeg will come up to the front of the door and look out, then she'll either squack at them saying "coast is clear" or "ahhhhhhh! mayday! mayday! back into the coop!" and they'll all listen to her.
lau.gif

LOLOL!!!
lau.gif
Always wanted to see what mine do but we rarely ever get snow. Prepping for a thunder storm though today! I'll have to make sure and lock Gorilla up!

So hawks and other bird predators are a big problem where I live and so our chickens are always on the look out and VERY aware! A little to aware you might say! It being springtime here the butterflies are back and the Swallowtails are out, out, out! BIG butterflies and gorgeous! Well every time one flies over the coop the chickens FREAK OUT!! They start yelling and cackling and taking cover! Scary butterfly!

they'd probably be all "what the heck is this? is it safe?"

My grandparents are coming either today or tomorrow, depending on the weather. CURSE YOU THUNDERSNOW!! it's STILL snowing! wow
my grandma is kinda afraid of chickens because she thinks that they'll all hop up at her. ours don't, they just run up to you and cluck at you expecting food.
yippiechickie.gif
pop.gif

Well then Happy Grandparents Visit!

Only have one chicken that fly's up on my shoulder. Her name is Peggy. I actually have a picture of her!

Back
Top Bottom