1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got chicks today from MPC!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jarhead, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    Our chicks came in today! The post office called as soon as they arrived, ask if we were home, then they brought them right over in less than 10 minutes. All chicks are very healthy, alert, and active. We ordered 8 and got 10. Ordered were 5 EEs, 1 Australorp, 1 Black Star, and 1 Barred Rock. I have no idea what the extras are, but MPC said if extras are sent they will be females if all chicks ordered where females. I have to give it to my pet chicken, they did a great job! Here are a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Oh sooo cute![​IMG]

3. JoeOxfordCT

JoeOxfordCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2007
    Oxford, CT.
    Do you know where MPC ships their chicks from ?

Their website has a Norwalk, CT. address as a point of contact.
    I live in Oxford, CT. so it would be nice to order from someplace local.....[​IMG]

4. ravenfeathers

ravenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    vermont
    Quote:they usually come from meyer hatchery in ohio, although at least one forum member has claimed to have gotten ideal hatchery chicks from MPC. mine definitely came from meyer. i have to tell you, it was a fantastic experience all around and the chicks were wonderfully healthy and perky upon arrival. i highly recommend MPC for the initial customer service and meyer's small order program for fast, quality shipments.

5. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    I agree that they came from Meyer in OH. The USPS tag on the box had MPC as the return address and it was the Norwalk, CT address. However in the corner of the box it had some post office scribble that indicated routing and airports, and in that scribble it listed OH as the point of origin. I can tell you that they got here in less than 24 hours from the time they shipped. All 10 are doing very well. Today they are running around the brooder, flapping like crazy, jumping at stuff, and generally being silly. MPC gets 2 thumbs up from me. Also they don't have any bantams available for the rest of the 08 season, but they told me in spring they will. MPC also will sex the bantams chicks as well and claim they are the only place to offer that on the internet (although the charge is $7.00 per chick). They will not vaccinate bantams for Marek's (there is another thread about why). All in all I plan on ordering more birds from them next year, they did a great job, even if they just broker the deal for a hatchery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by