got cold eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nfrost, Jan 12, 2012.

1. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    ok so i have a chicken sitting on some eggs in the chicken coop, by herself but i didnt not block her off cause they still had a week to go before hatch, so she got confused and went and sat on other eggs the chickens laid and its about 10 degrees out, and when i touched the eggs they were cool not cold not warm, i put her back on them and she now stays there i wanna know if they prob died cause i have other eggs she can incubate instead of dead ones, is it worth it to try the last week see if she hatches them?

2. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I would say they should be ok since they weren't ice cold I would give them sometime to warm back up and candle them later this evening to check their progress

3. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    X2 [​IMG]

4. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Idk i fear they were pretty cold, but i candled them and its just black i can see the air bubble, but tiny bit i can see in there its so dark when i roll the egg slow to see if i can see anything its movin as i roll, but no movement that i can see i could be wrong what am i lookin for as you mean candle or look again tonight

5. CammieSilkie

CammieSilkie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Massachusetts
    dont give up!! it takes 20 hours for an egg to die without its mamas warmth! id say hang in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by