Got eggs 1130 a.m. should i put them in bator tonight or the morning?

I always put mine in as soon as I receive them and unwrap them. I figure they can "rest" for the next 21 days in my incubator. I always have a great hatch rate and it doesn't matter if I use my small styrofoam HovaBator or my large Sportsman.

I've yet to figure out what they are going to do "resting" in your house versus being put in the bator. Plus, I figure they are probably already reaching hatch decrease rate because of age due to time harvested and time in shipping so why lose another day just sitting around.

I got mine yesterday almost at the exact same time(11;30am ish) and they have been resting big end up since then(didn't even unwrap them yet figured they got jiggled enough during transport) They were collected fresh on Monday and they are going in this afternoon 4ish. Someone on here said as long as they are in the bator by day 7 and absolutely no later than day 10 all is well! Bator stabilized for 2 days now and got my hygormeter(ebay rocks! next day delivery!) ready to do it's thang! I thought I had a broody hen yesterday and I was going to let her take over this whole experiment but she decided it was more fun to join her friends and go hunt for bugs in the leaves!
idunno.gif
So in the trusty ol bator they'll go!!! This is soooo much FUN!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom