Got eggs from No Cal in two days (Maine)!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Jun 11, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Wow, I am surprised that I got notice from the post office that my eggs from Chellester is at the post office already! [​IMG] I am in Maine and fully expected it to take 3 days to get here, but it only took 2! Let's see if they played kickball along the way though [​IMG]
    Krista

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

kick ball usually they play football with them. and not just tag football [​IMG]

3. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    Quote:What method did you use to ship?

John

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    She sent them to me USPS Priority Mail. I hope my Ideal chicks get here that fast, I was worried (still am worried, just not as much).
    Krista

5. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    that's pretty good for the US. In the uk you can send something tomorrow morning from scotland and it will usually arrive the same day, when the postman does his second round (yes they do two round one at 7am and one at 5pm!!

once I had an interview at a college, returned home and literally 2 seconds later a letter came through the door, from the college saying i got in!, the envelope was lettered 2nd class and it took about 1 hour, the college is about 1/2 hour away from me!!!.

loads of people say royal main is crap and poor, but they deliver 82 million letter a day on time! + my postman is veyr very kind, I always make him tea or a toast or leave it if i have to go and keep it warm for him lol.

but when i was in the us, the postal service was pretty good!

6. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    What part of Maine are you in? When I was signing papers to buy my house here ( Aroostook County), I sent them EXPRESS mail from Massachusetts--- and that took 2 days!!! I remember when Express was overnight--2 days? Can you imagine!

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I'm right outside Portland, in cumberland county.
    Krista

8. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Glad to hear you got the eggs so fast! Happy Hatching! [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Except for a couple of times, eggs I've sent to CA get there in two days from Georgia. Depends on what part of CA they're going to, I think.

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Hmm, took 5 days from PA, go figure [​IMG] sometimes I think they do it on purpose.
    Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by